• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Velyanthe

Velyanthe

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I cannot find, anywhere on the internet, any way to change the language on the PC for Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age II. DA2 is the one I'm more interested in changing, though. Specifically, I would like to play the games in French or Spanish... I know French has voiceovers for both, but I can't find examples of Spanish voices.

Does anyone know how? Is it possible?

Tair

Tair

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
For DA2, edit this file: ~/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age 2/Settings/DragonAge.ini

There should be localization settings under the [GameOptions] category:

Locale=en-us
VOLanguage=en-us

I'm not real familiar with this topic though, so you might need to contact BioWare for the correct syntax to change the languages if you don't know them already.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Staff
  • 16,879 posts
I know for DA:O that, unlike the subtitles, which can be changed on-the-fly, the V-O language is selected at installation. Which voice tracks are available on the disc depends on which edition you have. I think the North American version had at least English, French, and Spanish. The EU one added more, and there were some specialized versions for eastern European countries as well.

(BTW: The Mac version had only English.)

Velyanthe

Velyanthe

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Tair, editing that file to the correct values does not work.

Thandal, DA2 has English, French, and German, I've found out, for the North American version.

I did find a solution here, though I used the opposite files... However, they will not show up in the folders I extract them to, and the options to change language in the Configuration window are still grayed out.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Staff
  • 16,879 posts
@Velyanthe; It's an installation step. You must choose the appropriate language during installation or the correct files are not extracted and tied into the rest of the game.

Velyanthe

Velyanthe

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thandal, forgive me for misreading. I was aware of what you said about DA:O being chosen at installation, yes, though I misread and thought you meant languages for DA2.

SpaceBarName

SpaceBarName

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The game will have specialized versions for the countries.

Central Europe: Albania
Central Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central Europe: Croatia
Central Europe: Kosovo
Central Europe: Macedonia
Central Europe: Romania
Central Europe: Turkey
Eastern Europe: Serbia and Montenegro
Eastern Europe: Slovenia
Western Europe: Greece

You like to play the games in Albanian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Greek, Macedonian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovenian or Turkish.

Page loaded in: 1.152 seconds