[ASK] How to fix Black Face bug?

celebriton

Do you guys ever experienced a black face on one of your NPC. follower or main character?

Several of my followers, have this black face, while others don't have this problem. It's affecting some of my NPC edited using Skyrim NPC Editor.

I forget from where it started to be happened. I came to visit her to ask her to rejoin, but I notice she has black face. I checked other NPC / followers, some of them have it too.

I already do anything to fix it, including removing the esp files from Skyrim NPC Editor, and using resurrect command console. But it still there.

Does someone know how to fix it?

Thank you.

PS: I'm sorry if this problem may be already been asked before, but I can't find it. I already search it using Google.

even if you erase the .esp, it's can chage nothing, you need to look manually into your texture-actor,character, and look in the folder of the race you try to change something to find the file they can make this, like i have view the file like femaleuppereyesocket.dds and other adding by other mod make strange thing, exemple, to make test, if you look this problem on an argonien, put the folder they contain argonien male or femel in a tes folder by exemple and delelte the one you have in you data folder, try again to view if it' change something, if it change, you know your problem is in this folder, so you say it's only the face, peharp have you add a mod like better face or something like this they change only the face, some mod modifie the default body by splitting it into two, by deffault you have all the body in one but some mod make change in making a part for the body an a part for the head, they can have more issue...

EDIT : to be sure look you mesh too...

Edited by AngeGardien

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this glitch!

I noticed one time that my face was black. When I tabbed out and back in it was fixed. I kept on playing until it happened again, I exited a loading screen and my face was black. I have no idea when this started so I can't go back to the save. It didn't happen too often so i didn't worry about it the first few times. then one time i fixed it and a few minutes later noticed that one of my eyes was the wrong texture, but only the one (it had a huge pupil). I used the showracemenu command and it fixed as soon as the race menu opened. since then, each time my face goes black if i tab out it fixes the face but makes my one eye the wrong texture and i have to open the race menu to fix it. finally I stopped tabbing out and whenever my face was black i would open the race menu, press R, and type my name and it would reset.

Since then it has gotten more and more frequent. Now it's unbearable. every time i load the game my face is black. every time i fast travel. and randomly when i go through loading screens. It's ruining the game for me. every few minutes i have to open the console and reset myself.

I've never experienced it on other npcs.

also idk if this is related, but when the frequency started going up i noticed that my armor enchantments stopped working. randomly if i look in my active effects menu all my armor enchants are missing. I have to reequip everything to make them show up and work again (i began noticing this with the shrouded gloves). I can't play if my armor is going to randomly stop working.

these bugs are ruining the game for me. if anyone can figure out a fix I would appreciate it soooo much. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading and all that and im really hoping its not a bug in my save files bc ive put 200 hours into them. i might try reinstalling again, but idk. it might be a patch bug which will annoy me. bethesda is so lazy. I get that their games are expansive, but the bugs ruin them. its getting to the point where it's not worth playing. anyway now i'm ranting. I hope someone can figure out the problem and a fix soon

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this glitch!

I noticed one time that my face was black. When I tabbed out and back in it was fixed. I kept on playing until it happened again, I exited a loading screen and my face was black. I have no idea when this started so I can't go back to the save. It didn't happen too often so i didn't worry about it the first few times. then one time i fixed it and a few minutes later noticed that one of my eyes was the wrong texture, but only the one (it had a huge pupil). I used the showracemenu command and it fixed as soon as the race menu opened. since then, each time my face goes black if i tab out it fixes the face but makes my one eye the wrong texture and i have to open the race menu to fix it. finally I stopped tabbing out and whenever my face was black i would open the race menu, press R, and type my name and it would reset.

Since then it has gotten more and more frequent. Now it's unbearable. every time i load the game my face is black. every time i fast travel. and randomly when i go through loading screens. It's ruining the game for me. every few minutes i have to open the console and reset myself.

I've never experienced it on other npcs.

also idk if this is related, but when the frequency started going up i noticed that my armor enchantments stopped working. randomly if i look in my active effects menu all my armor enchants are missing. I have to reequip everything to make them show up and work again (i began noticing this with the shrouded gloves). I can't play if my armor is going to randomly stop working.

these bugs are ruining the game for me. if anyone can figure out a fix I would appreciate it soooo much. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading and all that and im really hoping its not a bug in my save files bc ive put 200 hours into them. i might try reinstalling again, but idk. it might be a patch bug which will annoy me. bethesda is so lazy. I get that their games are expansive, but the bugs ruin them. its getting to the point where it's not worth playing. anyway now i'm ranting. I hope someone can figure out the problem and a fix soon

Do you have trying to disable all your mod (execpt the mod from bethesda) and start it to view if all going well, if yes you have a problem with your mod, but it's hard to say which mod they make this, because you have more problem, but first, try to make a validation of your local disk cache whit steem, they will check if you have a coorupted file, after make the test whit your mod, you need to go slowly to find your problem if it a mod problem,

anyway, neer all the mod are a problem in this time, and if it's a mod problem, you will need to enable by exemple 5 by 5, until you view the bug reapear, after you will know the bug are one of this mod disable one afeter the other the five last mod in making test in each time, when you found the problematic mod you can 1- trying to change it's loading order, or 2 - delete it, try this,

ok next, event if you delete all and you reinstall all, with all the mod you have before with your last save game, the problem will return because you have installed the same problem before looking if you have a tool (mod) they are broken,

next thing, a bad news, you have a corrupted savegame, we have all a corrupted savegame, but not the people they have erased her old save game an starting a new game in playing one of the two next way, 1 they play only vanilla whit the mod of bethesda, or 2 - the people they they have put mod they are not in conflict whit another mod and they have not erased any mod...

the last thing i want to say, it's in the last update of bethesda (1.5) they have put the thing they are supposed corrected the situation, and we are supposed not having anymore corrupted savegame, so, we have always a corrupted savegame, some of the test i have make show two thing, if you make like i have say to save you from corrupted savegame you are ok, but they can rest bug from bethesda, this test have been beautiful for me because all going very well whit most of the mod, the other thing erase, on thing and it's big problem and corrupted save game begin here, but i know after the patch an another small update have comming neer 20m, but they are not identified anywhere, so i don't know what they have made, so for the people they have started a game and i say it again NEW GAME after this small update it's possible you will never encouter an corrupted savegame i have not tested it again, i try to help other for now but i think i will test in a day neer..., i will try the same test to view if i have problem..., yes i am a crazy man, i run after the problem Ha ha Ha...

• 4 weeks later...

I have been able to get rid of the grey face on my CK custom follower by pulling up his data and using the face gen export command (Ctrl-F4) but I can't find myself in the creation kit data file. :-( Fortunately I look at my follower more than I look at myself....

I have read that if you need to correct the grey face in NPC's you need to pull them all up individually and then use Ctrl-F4. That would be a project.....

• 1 month later...

I have been able to get rid of the grey face on my CK custom follower by pulling up his data and using the face gen export command (Ctrl-F4) but I can't find myself in the creation kit data file. :-( Fortunately I look at my follower more than I look at myself....

I have read that if you need to correct the grey face in NPC's you need to pull them all up individually and then use Ctrl-F4. That would be a project.....

Couldn't you tech savoy guys create a mod to fix something like this?

• 6 months later...

Yep I have that problem now after adding a few mods, I always thought it was a tintmask conflict, as once the forhead tint is removed problem is solved, except no makeup on the character!

LOL

alt-tab come back to game?? see a black face??? ding dong ring a ling door man is here

just save your game and go back to the main menu - and continue - FIXED!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...