24 replies to this topic

bigdelt

bigdelt

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
"Unable to get write permissions for: C:\games\fallout3\installinfo

This happens when I try to open the mod manager. I believe I need to do something along the lines of moving the steam directory or something, but I'm not sure. If someone could tell me what I need to do and how to do it that would be great.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts
check to see if the directory in question is somehow write-protected

khurram1998

khurram1998

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Try running the mod manager as admin, I had the same problem, it fixed by doing this, hope I helped

Ulipstar

Ulipstar

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Try running the mod manager as admin, I had the same problem, it fixed by doing this, hope I helped

This worked for me, thanks!

toonkyle12

toonkyle12

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It wont work for me when i try using Run as admin it says it has stopped working can anyone help??

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 18,485 posts
First, to run a program as an admin, you MUST be a computer administrator . Or it will not allow you to do that. A user cannot make these changes.

Then, open your program listing - navigate to that program.(NOT the folder) RIGHT click on it. If it shows in the drop down list, 'Take Ownership' of the program. It will then close the drop down list. If it is not shown, go to the next step.

RIGHT click again. this time click on 'Run as Administrator' It will close the list again.

Right click again, select 'Properties" at he bottom of the list. on the pop up that appears, click on the 'Security' tab.

Now find 'Group or user names' and click on 'Administrators' to highlight it
Look down to find 'Permissions for program name'.
You will need a check mark in the 'allow' column for all categories (click edit & make changes)

When you have them all checked, click on 'Apply' then on 'OK'

Hope this works for you. :thumbsup:

zecmaz

zecmaz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

check to see if the directory in question is somehow write-protected

This also worked for me buddy thank you so much! :happy:

scan919

scan919

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

THANKYOU!!! :laugh:

sirjako999

sirjako999

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thanks worked :)

ungvaar

ungvaar

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
I have accidentally specified D:Nexus Mod Manager\... folder as mods folder instead of D:\Nexus Mod Managed\.... Now I'm getting this error because of a missing slash and I cannot change it as every time I run the program, I'm getting this error. How do I fix it without having to re-install it?

Page loaded in: 1.096 seconds