Alternate solution for freezing

Daishi13

Whenever the in game music changes, for example when combat music starts, everything but audio freezes for a second. I found a solution on another forum by opening the Fallout.ini and setting bEnableAudio= to 0. Does anyone know of a different solution that still allows me to have sound? If this has been answered before, sorry and can you provide a link.

Windowed mode an the fake full screen mod at nexus?

A PCI soundcard rather than onboard turd nugget?

An audio codec pack or updated windows media player?

Setting music an radio sliders to zero, then only turning on one when you want to hear it, rather than leaving it on all the time?

A configurator from Nexus to adjust the audio settings in the config, cache and/or multithreading.

Unpacking the music from the .BSA if any is even in there.

Converting the music files to a newer or high performance encoding.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the reply. However, after I posted this I noticed the very deletable music folder for the first time. -_- I feel like an idiot.

CAN YOU GIVE MORE DETAILS to your solution? ... Please :)

I have your exact? same problem ... Fallout 3 GOTY (no mods YET!) w/Unoficial_Fallout_3_Patch_-_Installer_Version-3808.exe patch.

tried the FALLOUT.ini edit ...

bUseThreadedAI=1

iNumHWThreads=2

I'm at my wits end here ... Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT ADDED: 6-7-12 ...

Guys CHECK THIS OUT... I hope it works for you!!!

I'm still a bit stunned I've found a solution WITH THE HELP of "HosokawaTakuya" and this forum!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/694658-fallout-3-freezing-fixed-but-no-sound/

Edited by TCat