• Please log in to reply
11186 replies to this topic

Ulchishy

Ulchishy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
This truly is the ultimate follower mod, something I was waiting for since the release of Skyrim.
I got a question: does UFO include the functionalities of Followers Can Relax? I've read in the description that you can give the relax command to your followers: if done so, do they start to interact with the environment, accordingly to where they are? For example, if they are in a tavern, do they sit around the tables and start eating or drinking, like any other npc? Thank you.

moogenflap

moogenflap

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi fLokii

Thanks for this great mod, I've been using it for a few days now and it really brought out some new sides of Skyrim I never knew.

I've had it running along with Beutifull Companions by PyHarmonic and had no trouble at all with that mod, such super combination of mods I think :)

I think I may encountered a bug tonight with a different mod called Followers can relax.

Had one of my followers to gather for me in Falkreath villiage but after she don't come back and when i say "let's go", she just carrys on collecting and gathering and doing her own thing.

I started from a new game the other night and don't have any other follower mods, just wanted to mention it, maybe worth checking for any possible conflicts (maybe something new since patch), I saw that you say UFO is compatible with this mod. Then again, maybe some unknown other mod in my list, hard to say.

Anyway thanks, epic mod :)

Edited by moogenflap, 06 May 2012 - 09:50 PM.

fLokii

fLokii

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
moogenflap: I believe that is an issue of Followers can Relax. Some glitch with the harvesting and assigning alias as he posted something about it on his thread. I do not think it is a conflict of any kind between our two mods. Try asking the author, he should know better.

Ulchishy: Love short answers: "Yes." :)

Edited by fLokii, 06 May 2012 - 09:57 PM.

ZephyrX2

ZephyrX2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
wow...for once all i have to say is great job. downloading and endorsing now
i'll keep an eye out for bugs(like there is any)

fLokii

fLokii

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
ZephyrX2: Just follow Fail Safe Install if you used mods that changed follower hire/fire things. It is not necessary for UFO, but is so that you have a good save and no leftovers from old mods, that would ruin your game time. Hope you like the mod :)

And now i am truly off to bed! Night.

Edited by fLokii, 06 May 2012 - 10:07 PM.

Salusasecondus

Salusasecondus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
fLokii i have found something for the next update!

I love how being thane of whiterun i can now recruit guards as long as lydia with me (or in relaxed state at home). it means my squadron of guards can die but will also respawn so i could potentially have everyone wiped out after a dragon attack and be left vulnerable which is awesome!....but...

When guards respawn, the respawned guard wont re-join my unless i turn off UFO and turn it back on.
Is it possible to fix this in next update?
Also would it be possible to give them simplistic commands such as wait, follow and that command "do something" where you give them an action you get with the other npcs. However guards will refuse to break the law etc. its just being a Thane and having JUST guards, be nice to send a few troops to scout out ahead.

Also guards sometimes stand there and let themselves be attacked until you intervene.
You have it spot on NOT allowing us to access their inventory. i like it how it is like that.

Also another good idea would be to instead of having horses sitting idley waiting for a follower, why not make it simple and have a horse just "appear" whenever you mount a horse. the number of horses that spawn is determined by the number of following npcs. Horses will wait there with your horse when you dis-mount but whenever you re-mount, the horses assigned to the npc will then be summoned to the new area (if you mounted a new horse or if the position of the horses changed i.e was attacked and ran away), spawning any new horses for new followers and de-spawning any old ones for followers who have been dismissed.

it just means you dont need other mods like horse-branding for all companions to need a horse now and then it means there are enough horses no matter where you are in the world. To make it seem less wierd, force companions to cast some effect so it looks like they summoned the horse. Much much simpler and you never need to worry about losing horses and searching for them! Also if u modded horse so yours goes faster like the stamina mod, the followers sometimes get left behind and end up running to you without a horse (triggered because they got into a fight on their way to you) Then you have to FIND their horse! its why i never count on the horses and this change would resolve the issue. Thanks :)

Edited by Salusasecondus, 06 May 2012 - 11:25 PM.

vicki2009

vicki2009

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 54 posts
I had skse, and SkyUI, I found I was getting some problems with followers horse's, so unistalled those mods and reinstalled to the letter of your instuctions.

So I ride out from Winterun with Lydia and after various stops end up in Riverwood. You may of noticed the grey horse that was in the main street and flagged up steal if you went to mount him, as far as I can remember he's been there since the beginning of this game. When I left Riverwood I did so with character and npc mounted plus spare horse, which Lydia swops between, depending on which one is the most convienent at the time, I'm not complaining and asssume that if or when I recruite a new follower he/she it, will use spare horse. However, as I understand it there are a number of 'follower horses' across Skyrim and I don't particularly want a string of horses trailing after me, as I pretty sure it will get annoying. Is this a bug or an assumption that I want a load of followers and ensuring I should have enough horses to keep them mounted if I go down that route?

Final question, can I now load skse and SkyUI, with start up from desktop (like gropher showed on his video), or are they off limits while I use this mod. Just to be clear I like both mods, but do miss SkyU and don't really want to do without it, but I don't want to lose this one either.

moogenflap

moogenflap

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
It's all good fLokii.. I just realised im using an older version, I updated to latest UFO and it has everything I need :) updated and reloaded my save game and followers are folling again,, so coool, thanks again

moogenflap

moogenflap

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
It's all good fLokii.. I just realised im using an older version, I updated to latest UFO and it has everything I need :) updated and reloaded my save game and followers are folling again,, so coool, thanks again

6espada6

6espada6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
Any way to change follower combat traits? like by default if I want to be sneaky I shoot an arrow and my companion charges in letting everyone know we're there... ...

Maybe a dialog "lets be sneaky" and they wont attack so long as i am crouched in the "sneak mode"

Page loaded in: 1.177 seconds