• Please log in to reply
11187 replies to this topic

fLokii

fLokii

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
tlrd: Should be in only in data folder. Deleting it from there or/and disabling/deleting it in NMM should do the trick.
ALSO:
I know i wrote it in description, and i know you read it but still, put the other Better Followers esp under UFO esp in NMM.

AND
You can use original Skyrim Launcher to manage your mods too. It is very good and you can be sure it works (as there was some trouble with NMM and other manages on release of patch 1.4 i think)

Edited by fLokii, 05 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

PyroDarknessPanda

PyroDarknessPanda

Professionaly Insane Pyromanic

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
ok thanks

mavarg

mavarg

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This may be a stupid question but I didn't see it answered in the description or in any comments I looked through...
Is this a blanket mod (as in it affects all followers, both vanilla and added via mod) or one where you put the settings on individually to vanilla followers?
In short, will this mod work with mods that add more followers?

rvxk9n

rvxk9n

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 107 posts

rvxk9n: Did you launch through original game launcher for the first time or maybe used some other? This is really perplexing.

also updated the below answer with
UPDATE: for rvxk9n

Try now to manually extract 1.0c over 1.0b esp. If it still works i suggest the course i wrote in above answer.
Saying this cause 1.0c works fine here and there is no difference in hire/dismiss routine between the two versions.

ALSO: Can you try older sav and try hiring first follower again with 1.0b?

sry for constant updates, stuff comes to mind seconds after i finish writing lol

Please respond cause i would very much like you to have full function. Thanks.

* I did use a different game launcher when I first launched the game. I used NMM with SKSE and I am also using a AutoHotKey script which makes my game borderless in windowed mode - http://skyrim.nexusm.../file.php?id=24

* So do you want me to manually overwrite just the ESP file or the whole thing? I'm guessing just the ESP file, lol. I'll do it after replying and post back.

* I tried with an older save to rehire the first follower with 1.0b but he doesn't have any other dialogue options besides "What are you good at?" However, I can now hire any other follower in the game as well as dismiss them and then rehire them again (just not that very first follower that I hired with 1.0c) using 1.0b.

* No problem with the constant edits. I am glad that you are trying to fix this! :)

Edited by rvxk9n, 05 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

whickus

whickus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
@fLokii
Despite the bugs and flaws people are finding after installing your mod (whether they be the fault of your mod or another), I have to say that your follow through with every issue has been incredible. I want to thank you for taking the time to respond so quickly, every single time an issue has come up. You have exhibited the pinnacle of "customer service"; for a free product, no less. Instant endorsement and vote for File of the Month. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!

Edited by whickus, 05 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

fLokii

fLokii

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
@rvxk9n: Ok.. now it's time to play Sherlock Holmes!!
What happened:
1) You started through SKSE
2) Mod did not activate!!!
3) First hire was with the old system.
4)You saved
5)You came back later to play
6)Mod was activated
7) You hired another follower with the new system from UFO
8) First follower was stuck in old system and bugged

Confirm Please!! Load save before having UFO and hire for first time again!!
Also always load newly installed mods with original game launcher..
I am 100% sure this is your issue!

@mavarg: It will work on custom followers but they will not have my unique fixes like: Housecarl AI improved.. since they are not those followers
2) If modders gave them outfits, you will not be able to use fully tradable inventory BUT in an update this weekend, i think, i will add a dialog option to tell them to remove those outfits and work with the UFO gear system!

Startrooper55

Startrooper55

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
@fLokii
Thanks mate. Had deinstalled Better Horses also.
I thought it´s better to be on the safe side <lol>

Mithoron

Mithoron

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,018 posts
Once again want to take a moment to thank you fLokii for helping everybody out! Your diligence to get everybody working is commendable! Kudos to you!

anne

anne

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello, I have not tried your mod yet, but a question: In Oblivion I liked to have companions just to have people in my houses and not always to bring them with me wherever I went, here in skyrim, if you leave them waiting too long a time, they end up being your companion and go back to where they came from.

Is it always the same with your mod? Any way to remove this boring timer???

Edited by anne, 05 April 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Mithoron

Mithoron

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,018 posts
@anne: If you only want to populate your homes, when you dismiss your companions they will return to whatever "home" is designated for them (e.g., Lydia will return to Breezehome in Whiterun). There is a mod to designate any building a home so you can have any follower head to that home...useful for multiple followers going to multiple homes. That way you can get a follower, mark a place as home, and tell the follower to return home and dismiss them.

That way it will not count towards your "15" limit.

UFO does not handle that portion of followers (yet, LOL...who knows what fLokii will do next)...

Page loaded in: 1.287 seconds