Automatic storage system in three parts (spells)

Nowhereville

I am not a modder at all, but have been scouring the nexus for existing quick storage options, and the offerings are pretty minimal.

How hard would it be to set up a three part system, associated to a magic-oriented quest series or not to make it lore friendly? The completed system would give the player three spells:

Spell 1: Mark a storage space - The player casts the spell while cursoring over any storage container in an owned home, or that is atleast flagged not to reset, to set that as their "cache".

Spell 2: Move Items in inventory to designated "cache" - All items in the player's inventory that are not flagged as equipped, favorites or quest-related are automatically transported to the "cache".

Spell 3: Retrieval - All items are returned from the cache to the player's inventory.

The Marking / Storage / Retrieval spells could be further broken down to match the corresponding inventory tabs. IE - A chest marked as Miscellaneous would only store and retrieve miscellaneous items.

Again, I have no idea how feasible this would be, and am just spit-balling. Thanks for any input.

The one thing I forgot to mention was that you could store/recall from anywhere... you wouldn't have to be near your marked container(s). Maybe you could use the spell to mark a container or a merchant, and there could be a fourth spell added allowing the player to sell directly from their inventory wherever they are.

The one thing I forgot to mention was that you could store/recall from anywhere... you wouldn't have to be near your marked container(s). Maybe you could use the spell to mark a container or a merchant, and there could be a fourth spell added allowing the player to sell directly from their inventory wherever they are.

Well, as far as accessing containers/storage from anywhere that's actually pretty simple. I'm currently just starting to mess around with the Creation Kit and I've done it in my first mod (has categorized mobile storage):

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14158

I may look into the possibility of "marking" a container with a spell so you can move things in and out. That actually sounds like an interesting next "teach yourself the Creation Kit" project lol. In the meantime, if anybody is just trying to figure out how to access storage anywhere feel free to grab the scripts out of my mod (it's actually shockingly easy).

I may look into the possibility of "marking" a container with a spell so you can move things in and out. That actually sounds like an interesting next "teach yourself the Creation Kit" project lol. In the meantime, if anybody is just trying to figure out how to access storage anywhere feel free to grab the scripts out of my mod (it's actually shockingly easy).

Well, that wasn't too hard :smile: . I uploaded a "proof of concept" mod that allows you to "mark" a container with one spell and then open that container from anywhere in Skyrim with a second spell. Check here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14393

• 6 months later...