AAAHHHH SO HAPPY!!!!!

Rennn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a bit worried. Some people are commenting that they won't buy the game now that it uses GFWL (Which we still don't know if it's true for all regions, maybe it's like Renn said only in Germany).

The petition already has a bit less then 10,000 signatures. :/

And what the hell are the people doing? First they want DS be ported to PC, now they want it to be the most luxurious port ever made or they won't buy it?

Just look at the description in the petition:

"Thank you for taking the effort to port this game, but for a lot of customers it's Steam or no sale."

That's just so wrong. So much wrong. Are they trying to scare them away from the PC forever or what?! We should be grateful for getting a PC version. Just look at what Namco has to say to us:

“Our fans demanded to see this game brought to the PC, and the noise they have made was simply too loud and too passionate to ignore,” said Daisuke Uchiyama, producer for Dark Souls at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., “This also allowed us to dive back into the world of Dark Souls, offering a special edition of the game that offers more ways to die over and over again than ever before. Adding a whole new chapter to tell the tale of the Dark Knight Artorias was an opportunity we’re also proud to have taken, as we’ve managed to expand the experience for our biggest fans without compromising the balance of the core game that we worked so hard to create. This edition of the game is our gift to the fans.”

They are doing this for us, because we wanted it. How can people be so heartless and just like that break their promise of buying the game?

Seriously, they should be ashamed.

I'm buying this. No matter the quality of the port, the DRM, anything. I promised that I will buy it if it gets ported, and I won't break that promise.

EDIT:

P.S. We aren't only getting new bosses, we are getting a TON of new content:

New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more

PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP

New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more

New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more

New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more

New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

Edited by Iv000

we need a new petition to get rid of the GFWL now...

There is one. But...

Really people? Honestly, sometimes you make me want to cry. GFWL is not really that bad, and everyone who signs that petition is just asking FROM to cancel the game. They almost certainly have a deal with Microsoft for a PC release by now, so they probably can't just switch it, and every signature added to that new petition makes it less likely that FROM will consider the game financially viable. Now I have to worry if they'll even make the PC release. If I hadn't been followng FROM for the last decade, through King's Field, I'd be very worried. As it stands, FROM is a very good company in terms of how well they respond to their fans. Hopefully we haven't pushed too hard this time, with this second BS petition that's basically asking them to give up on the whole port thing.

Seriously? and here I was kidding :facepalm:

Although I don't like GFWL and is a bit dissapointed by this, I already own several other games that requires it, and the only real problem I have with it is that it slows down the startup of the game. I signed the petition of buying a PC release of the game, and that's what I will do. The amount of sales will also likely determine whether they will port any of their future titles for PC as well.

I don't like GFWL, but its certainly not a dealbreaker for me.

Edited by amycus

The angry internet men will not relent until

• The game is released for free on oith DVD and digital download with no DRM measures whatsoever
  • The graphics are updated to use all the fanciest bleeding edge hardware that money can buy
  • The devs promise to release at least five major downloadable expansion packs (for free, of course)

im so sick of these stupid internet partitions of people trying to get what they want from game companies and get what they want from games. i was pissed when people petitioned to change back Cole's haircut in Infamous, god forbid they try to do something a little different design wise....im not saying the Dark Souls PC Petition is this bad, but when people just keep petitioning devs to do something the peoples way, thats when they will stop making new IPs like Borderlands, and continue to pump out CoDs, for fear of trying something different and being petitioned to death. Im sad these petitions works, cause it just proves if the people push hard enough, they can get what they want. Infamous, Mass Effect and now this are three cases ive seen recently (as in the past couple years) soon people will be petitioning everything and its only gunna hurt gaming.

I don't know about the other cases, but I can understand that people were really unhappy about the ME3 ending. I don't even have the game (since I don't like the origin requirement), but I have followed the topic on youtube. Its not just because the ending is bad or has several plotholes (otherwise I would have demanded a proper ending for DA2, NWN2 and KOTOR 2), but because of how Bioware stated that there would be 16 endings - and people got 1 with 3 colour variations. Add to the fact that people already had complained about the lack of choices in DA2 and, well...

Personally I don't really care too much about it, but I do understand the players rage of the ending.

Edited by amycus

It's one thing to start a petition. I support petitions, I signed the original Dark Souls For PC petition after all, and I'm going to buy it on day 1, even if it's GFWL. So yeah, it's one thing to start a petition. But it's another thing entirely to make two petitions in a row because the first one just wasn't good enough for the whiners. This is just sad, and I hope FROM doesn't pay attention to it.

I can relate to the ME3 petition, but this is like starting an ME3 petition, succeeding and getting free ending DLC, and then starting another petition to make ME3 half price, because, hey, the first one worked, why not? :facepalm:

Edited by Rennn

Now that it is confirmed GFWL I will pick it up when its on sale for $5-10, not a chance I will pay full price. It is frustrating that they would finally release it and than go and do something like that. They may be bound by Microsoft though as it was released on the Xbox, so it may not even be something they could have avoided if they wanted to :( .

Now you're just sounding like this guy:

"If this doesn't end up on Steam I wont even purchase it, simple as that. GFWL is f***ing worthless and you should all be ashamed for forcing us to use that piece of software, this is worse than the holocaust." --David Cohen Silverstein

Worse than the Holocaust? I'm ashamed even to game on the same platform as that guy.

Edited by Rennn

Comparing my 'wait until $5-10' statement to 'worse than the Holocaust' is a bit extreme to say the least . I do dislike GFWL and I waited until both LA Noir and GTAIV were on sale before I purchased them and I am waiting untill fallout NV is on sale. There is not a chance I would pay retail price for any game which uses either the Ubisoft launcher or games for windows. Both of these services inconvenience me every time I play the game so the chances of me paying them $50 so I can grumble each time I launch it is pretty low :laugh: . If it is a good game I will not miss out on the experience, the publisher just wont be receiving as much money as they could be.