ShowraceMenu Crashes

kietcat

I just started getting crashes when i tried to go into Showracemenu? anyone have a solution to this? I'm not quite sure which mod is causing this. Sometimes it doesn't crash but at the end after i'm done editing everything it jut crashes. Other time it just get freeze. Help please =)!

Same problem here, I think it also started today/yesterday. It might be a mod I have recently downloaded.

Not sure if they are connected but my character also starts to move during the Helgen intro (When you jump out of the cart and the part with the execution, the last part causes the whole script to freeze) Currently unable to create new characters due to this.

I am now checking each mod I have downloaded recently, I'll get back to you when I have found out which one it is.

EDIT: Well, the crash is gone now, still trying to find out which mod it was (Could be Eyes of beauty or Dance of Death).

Could you tell me which mods you have recently installed?

Edited by Hellscreamy

Hi!

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that custom race-mods can crash the Showracemenu - no promises though - but you can try disabling one to see if that's what's causing it!

Sincerely

Hi!

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that custom race-mods can crash the Showracemenu - no promises though - but you can try disabling one to see if that's what's causing it!

Sincerely

I have multiple custom race mods, but they don't seem to be the source of the crash as I have had them for months now.

EDIT 1: No crash when entering the showracemenu, but if I switch from Breton to any other race (be it custom or standard) I get a crash. It might also be that it only affects female characters, when I get the racemenu during the intro I didn't have problems until I switched to female and got booted from the game

EDIT 2: Doesn't seem to be any mod I have downloaded this week, turned them all off and I still can't switch race. It is probably some mod of a few weeks old.

EDIT 3: I give up, doesn't seem to be caused by any mod I have installed in the last month or so. I suspect the patch has broken something again.

Edited by Hellscreamy

Hi!

Sincerely

I have multiple custom race mods, but they don't seem to be the source of the crash as I have had them for months now.

EDIT 1: No crash when entering the showracemenu, but if I switch from Breton to any other race (be it custom or standard) I get a crash. It might also be that it only affects female characters, when I get the racemenu during the intro I didn't have problems until I switched to female and got booted from the game

EDIT 2: Doesn't seem to be any mod I have downloaded this week, turned them all off and I still can't switch race. It is probably some mod of a few weeks old.

EDIT 3: I give up, doesn't seem to be caused by any mod I have installed in the last month or so. I suspect the patch has broken something again.

Hi - not sure if you gave up or fixed it since the last time I replied in this post... In any case, I've read that when certain meshes are missing (ie. You only have them for one of the genders, and you switch to the other gender in the showracemenu - the game gives you a CTD) the game crashes! Your job would be to find any mod that added male-only meshes to the races you're having issues with and remove them!

Hope this helps!

Sincerely

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I realise this topic is five years old but I have this issue now, but with races, not genders. I cannot switch races via showracemenu because it instantly crashes my game. No idea why, I always used to be able to do it.

Try Skyrim Script Extender (I downloaded it on Steam) along with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526/

Worked like a charm for me. Spent a lot of time on Google to put this together.

• 2 years later...

Wj

I realise this topic is five years old but I have this issue now, but with races, not genders. I cannot switch races via showracemenu because it instantly crashes my game. No idea why, I always used to be able to do it.

Try Skyrim Script Extender (I downloaded it on Steam) along with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526/

Worked like a charm for me. Spent a lot of time on Google to put this together.

Whoa THANKS! You fix my trouble!

• 8 months later...

So for me showracemenu just makes the game straight up close by the way i'm on special edition of skyrim, it did that for a while then for some reason worked again, and when i tried to download Half dragon race and Race compatibility mod it began to make the game crashes again, the problem is even after disabling these two mods the game still crashes, so i have not idea of what to (and yes i have downloaded showracemenu prepactch killer mod)

Edited by HenryMan