A GOTHIC EXPERIENCE - Valley of Mines, The Colony

TheDarkPrince

So what are you going to change? In the meanwhile I'll work on some samples for armors

Update: here's a quick retexture of the beggar clothes, to look like the outfit worn by the nameless hero. I'll probably have to fix the legs though, haven't tested it in the game.

http://www.abload.de/img/test_herobwkyu.png

Edited by brainfrog357

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you'r doing some great work over there! I'd be honoured to team up with you, lol. About "changes" let's say that there are no effective changes truth be told. The fact that it is based on Skyrim's world (so, lore-friendly) is only a mean to "get people to know" what the GOTHIC world is all about!

The fact that Romans had Junone, Jove, Mars and all those gods while Greeks had Zeus, Athen, Apollo etc.. You see, different names same story.

I will base this GOTHIC mod on the idea that we are actually in the tamriel world (so lore-users will be happy with that) but since the world you are in (the colony) is isolated from the rest of the world so dieties and quests and stuff can be isolated from "known lore" aswell (Ye, im not good at explaining stuff :\ )!

Who said there can't be a GORN in Skyrim? Who said there can't be a Gomez or a Diego? No one. It's not lore-style but its not even AGAINST the Lore, so who cares ;P I want to remake GOTHIC with the original concept but open to those that are attached to lore of TES series so I will try to add some "explanations" with books etc.. about why the Gods now are Innos, Adanos etc.. and why there is a Colony and this can be easly done.

Hope you understood me cause as I said before, Im not good at explanation XD

I am able to create armors, yes. They adjust to NPC weight, but I have problems with the inventory icons for them. I have no experience with creatures though.

I understand your explanation regarding the lore. Is this "bend" even necessary? You add explanations, so that the lore-users can pretend that they play in Tamriel, while blatantly stating that it has nothing to do with Tamriel.

I'd rather trust the lore-users that they can accept non-lore mods as well. This mod has a different worldspace and no connection to Skyrim, so a lot of specific content mods (houses, followers) will not work anyway. Combat and Crafting mods should work though.

I mean there are MERP and Mesogea mods that do not modify the lore to fit Tamriel.

Mh, you're probably right on that. Since I (with ppl that will team up with me) am the one that is making this whole worldspace etc.. I guess ppl can accept whatever decision is taken about Lore and not. Well, I guess since it's (as I said before) just about writing a few ingame books to give lore explanation I could make 2 versions, one without explanation (main gothic, usual) and one with 2 or 3 books for those "lore sick" ppl. What'ya think?

HOLY SH*t Woooow. this is some serious work you guys have cut out for each other. I loved Gothic played it like 50 times over or more, unfortunately I am not good with textures of modelling. By not good I mean 0 exp other that editing meshes to change textures. I do have some experiences in world creating, cluttering etc.... I have quite a lot of spare time and I am more than willing to learn. So if you need a helping hand and can use me, count me in  :) Edited by Darkangel13

So im guessing my lil ESM trick worked lol. Glad to see you found some help. This project is big and help will be a must. Let me know how the progress goes and best of luck. I'll be tracking and if you need my help again feel free to pm me!