A GOTHIC EXPERIENCE - Valley of Mines, The Colony

TheDarkPrince

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, since I had a few problems with the LOD f***ing everything up I had to restart a few things about this project (and everything is going quite speedy and well, and that's cool, isnt it? u.u). For a small update (since I needed to re-do a lot of stuff) I will share with you one of the "reworks" done on the OLD MINE.

The previous OLD MINE picture can be found in the 1st page links or even better on the FB page. Here instead are the images of the "Concept" that I followed for making the OLD MINE "as is" in the original game and the actual Skyrim screenshot that has been taken a few minutes ago u.u

Enjoy and have a nice modding experience <3

Pictures taken from CK -> No shadows enabled, No LOD, No good shaders, No lights etc.. This is just a rendered preview, lol

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/83078-gothic-windows-screenshot-in-front-of-the-old-mines.jpg

http://i.minus.com/jORtajziTD8JU.jpg

Edited by TheDarkPrince

Meanwhile waiting for my girly sunshine to show up "in da house" to throw me away from this CK madness I am going to ask a question to those that are capable and able to respond me!

I am encountering a small problem in an interior cell about the rendering of the distant objects. Usually, as per se, a worldspace used the LOD system to create a what-specular design of the rest of the world that is not actually rendered in that particular cell you are in but with interiors systems like multibounding, planes, occlusions planes and portals are used.

Now, portals would work just fine but the problem is (if you know the interior design of the OLD MINE of the game GOTHIC) that that particular interior cell is not "available for portals" as it is like one big "mine tube" where the player is able to see down to the bottom and up to the top of that abnormous place (I'd see it's pretty huge, yes). Told so, the problem come up INGAME while the PC has to render the area of the BOTTOM if you are in the upper part and on contrary if you are on the LOWER PART..

Now, any way I can fix that s***? Cause I cant make a layout of the mine that is completly different from the main concept, that's not my mod idea, totally.

Thanks in advance to all of you!

f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES !!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT! I SOLVED THAT f***in MOTHAf*#@A! f*** YOU! Hhahaha, s***, 3 days of work saves, that's a f***in relief buddies! love ya all <3