LONG LOAD SCREENS FIXED!

Saphinator

My loading screens never took long at all. Until a friend told me about Nexus Mod Manager XD. I started getting mods like crazy and that slowed down my PC a lot. Now whenever it loads it shows the first caption, then goes to the second and then continues when it used to be almost instant. Sometimes the loading screen takes way too long (I just thought it was because the game crashed :). I'll try this when the long loading comes. Thnx for the idea! P.S I run Windows 7 so I'll reply if it works ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found ou that my loading times really only seem to be related to texture mods I use. With unmodded Skyrim, I will get 10 second loading screens (of course this depends on the location), the HD DLC seemed to have no or minimal impact. But recently I tried Realistic Overhaul and my loading times wen't up to like 30-40 seconds.

Maybe this information is helfpul to somebody here...

I noticed this too. I installed skyrim on new computer with a few choice character and NPC related mods, no landscape textures at all, and it ran like the wind. Then I added a bunch of landscape texture mods and it slowed waayyyyyyyyy down to point of unplayable. I figured some of my mods might be a factor, but now it's good to know which ones I need to uninstall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So, I'm sure some of us have had trouble with Skyrim being laggy? That our systems are not 'quite' fast enough to keep up sometimes?

A part of this issue, could be very long loading screens, ESPECIALLY when fast traveling or logging in, right? I know I've had that issue for AGES! Being forced to leave the computer and come back 10 minutes later, and it's STILL loading, before it finally opens up at the 15 min mark.

I got sick of it, and started to try experimenting...

And I found a fantastic solution, that requires NO mods, no risk taking, absolute zero problems on your part.

Here's what you do:

(NOTE: I did this on VISTA, I dont know if it works as flawlessly on XP or 7, let me know please?)

1) Get into a loading screen you're SURE will take FOREVER!( Such as a fast travel )

2) Push Ctrl+Alt+Delete

3) It should open up the page where you can decide to change your password, open task manager etc.

4) Open the task manager

5) The screen should turn black

6) Sit and wait for a maximum of 10 seconds

7) Bam, Skyrim opens, and the Loading Screen is done.

That simple, just CTRL ALT DEL and open the task manager while you're in a loading screen. Plain and simple!

This has completely removed my irritation with loading screens, as they're now a reasonable length! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Minor issue: I've seen a rough etched 2% chance of your game crashing to Desktop when you do this(Seems to happen a lot if you have a browser open). My advice is the golden rule of Elder Scrolls gaming: SAVE OFTEN!!!!!

Good luck, and have fun! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

hahaha ...omg in desperation i actually tried opening task manager using ctr alt del then back to skyrim main load...and it actually worked. lol. so used to troll posts claiming fixes.

I'd done something stupid (deleted some actual folders instead of going through MO) involving bodyslide and .nifs yeah, real smart. got infinite main screen load no matter what i tried to fix the problem.

let's see if i can 'continue'...oh wierrrrrddd...i'm getting the double cursor problem, but i have the mod that fixes it installed. wtf? okay, music and long looooading screen...come on no CTD *crosses fingers* okay, so i tried clicking the frozen screen and i got the "close program or wait" and i tried the wait then tried again and picked "further details" and suddenly i'm ingame.

-----

i quit and restart and the problem is solved. so bizarre. I wish i could tell you the 'why' this worked but i don't know. So to anyone out there who's terrified they'll have to reinstall the game and all 200 mods they've been slowly installing, there's hope. lol

Edited by MajorFreak

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Try updating your graphics card, I had those long loading screens too until I upgraded from an Nvidia Geforce 210 to an ATI Radeon HD 6570, so upgrade to a better card is my suggestion, the card I upgraded to didnt cost that much either, only about 65 bucks.

I have a GTX 960 with lots of ram dont know how upgrading the graphics card is going to help at all

the extent of my knowledge of this error goes as below.

-The error is directy associated with memory, usually graphical memory, taken up by skyrim. it reaches a breaking point where loading jumps from 20 seconds to eternity (literally infinite, I've tested for 12 hours, others have tested for longer, with it still loading-certain cases may not be this long)

-the Taskmanager "fix" (remedy) is likely to A. CTD the game or B. give you that horrid little second cursor (which also means that you need to quit, start up again and hope the remedy doesn't cause either of these).

-extended note: take note of your original loading time(e.g. 10 seconds). now, if you suffer the bug; wait until after the original loading time is up, and perform the remedy; the cursor is guaranteed to appear. if you Attempt to do it as fast as possible, the cursor is less likely to appear.

Possible fixes to this problem you can perform:

-A, clean up your Graphics card and driver. this may mean get a graphics card that isn't a repurposed car exhaust like the geforce 300 or lower series etc. (not nessescary if your graphics card is up to standard) you may need to change your processor as well

then Check to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and satisfactory. perform a "clean Install" if you want.

-Doing this sometimes fixes the problem (and helps it run better in general)

-B ramp your graphics down. Most people suffer this bug because they decided to nerf their framerate.

-C recall any mods you downloaded since you first experienced the bug and uncheck them from your "data files" in the standard skyrim launcher particularly Graphics mods. Now is also as good a time as any to uninstall all unnesecary mods like those thousand daedric armor reskins you have there.

-D if C fails, Uncheck or even uninstall All of your mods and run skyrim oppan vanilla style.

-if you are still experiencing the bug in oppan vanilla style there is one of two things you can do:

-Read the first f***ing step that you decide to ignore and get that piece of s*** GPU/Processor out of your tower

-Reinstall the game from scratch, load mods slowly until you see the bug, ad then narrow down until you find the bug-causing mod and submit a bug report (or flag it if its yet another daedric armor reskin; the less of those, the better)

If all of that fails

Check if any other programs are running when you run skyrim vanilla; the more ram consumed elsewhere cant be spent on skyrim. Shut these down if you can. if the error still continues i.e. if they're windows processes; stop being a hipster and get a version of windows that works/isnt XP. Macs should update their software.( for hipsters Linux users, you're completely on your own.).

you can then get the RAZER Game Booster or equivalent to temp pause these processes when you play skyrim.

There are also, buggy, hard to install extra-memory patches for skyrim that you can use at your own risk. these rarely work, and those that do, probably cause more wasted memory than the amount they're supposed to free up.

IF ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY EVERYTHING ABOVE FAILS

Congratulations, you are part of the small percentage of gamers who have computers made out of pure magic. instead of playing skyrim, you should actually be in skyrim. now go take some poorly aimed archery shots to your lower anatomy on an adventure and stop worrying about a game from an alternate universe.

HOPE THIS BLUNTLY HELPS

Except if youve ever modded skyrim you will know that if you remove any mod mid game you have to start the game all over or you will get a ctd from neccesary mod files not being active plus disabling the mods just to get load times down kind of defeats the purpose of getting the load times down as this is not a vanilla skyrim issue better hardware is always a good choice though the loading time is tied to your framerate so naturally a better graphics card or lower graphics settings/ vanilla textures is an option but who wants to play with trees and rocks in their game that look like someone forgot to apply a texture unless your going for a potato mode run X)

:laugh: :laugh: