• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

yoba333

yoba333

Fus Yo Ba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
A couple of days ago, you might have seen here on the news that the original Fallout was free for a limited time on GOG. In that article, I stated that the first Fallout was the game that started it all-- when in actuality the game that the Fallout series can first be traced back to was called "Wasteland."
Wasteland was created by founder of Interplay Brian Fargo, who is also known for games like Baldur's Gate, The Bard's Tale, and yes, the original Fallout. Wasteland was published in 1988 and has enjoyed much success throughout the years, but plans for a sequel ultimately fell through the cracks when Fargo resigned his position at Interplay and founded his new company, inXile Entertainment.
That is, until now.

Recently, Brian Fargo made a comeback when he began his Kickstarter campaign to raise money for a sequel to Wasteland. Since the beginning of the project, the people over at inXile Entertainment have raised over 2 million USD, well over their original goal of $900,000. By reaching this goal, it means that Wasteland 2 is definitely in the foreseeable future. I highly encourage all of you to help fund this project, especially if you enjoyed the original Wasteland. $15 gets you a copy of the game on release date as well as a special ingame perk, and the incentives go up from there.

So if you want to see a sequel to the game that really started it all, head on over to Kickstarter and pledge a bit of money to help the project. There are 9 days left, so act quickly if you're interested.

The original Wasteland is hard to find and play on modern PCs, but I managed to get an old copy that I found at a garage sale working... I encourage you to try it out for yourself!

Posted Image
Yoba333: brutally pummeling diseased animals since 1988.

Posted Image
We drowned in a river.

KDStudios

KDStudios

The Master of Puppets

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
Mother of God...
Shut up and take my money!

I threw £20 at them ($31 if you're all wondering on exchange rates) as soon as Notch (I think?) tweeted it not long ago.

I really enjoyed Wasteland, it would be curious to see what they do with Wasteland 2.

Dimebag1096

Dimebag1096

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Winning.

62firelight

62firelight

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Wow, haven't tried Wasteland yet. I feel so ashamed. :facepalm:

And it's so hard to find a copy these days..

Dimebag1096

Dimebag1096

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
I'm also sort of wondering about the names on those screenshots:

2> Ron Burgundy
3> Jason Statham
4> Slim Shady

Tbh Jason Statham would survive forever there.

Edited by Dimebag1096, 08 April 2012 - 04:09 AM.

yoba333

yoba333

Fus Yo Ba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

I'm also sort of wondering about the names on those screenshots:

2> Ron Burgundy
3> Jason Statham
4> Slim Shady

Tbh Jason Statham would survive forever there.

Ron Burgundy - Greatest anchorman ever (Will Ferrell from the Anchorman movie :P)
Jason Statham - One of the two greatest actors ever (Him and Will Ferrell)
Slim Shady - Eminem (Because why not? :P)

hector530

hector530

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,156 posts
i put 15 bucks on day one, hipster status

also you forget and i think nexus should care about this. at 3 million they'll add mod tools.

Edited by hector530, 08 April 2012 - 04:23 AM.

kentable

kentable

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
brutalizer from the inXile forum put up a link to play Wasteland 1 in a browser for free. http://dosdose.com/game/436/wasteland/

Yaktan

Yaktan

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Wow this takes me back to the days of Wizardry and those games where the graphics weren't the main concept of the game but, the game itself. I remember using graph paper to draw out all of the dungeon levels in that game..lol. This game looks cool too. One I would love to see is a remake of Daggerfall but, I don't think that will happen. The eye candy graphics in games are cool but, I'm just having early gaming flashbacks lol.

pasullica

pasullica

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This one has nothing to do with Skyrim. I don't know why news/ads like this should be posted on this site !!!!!

Page loaded in: 1.309 seconds