CurrentFollowerFaction and VoiceType issue

Darkvalkyr

Hey everyone, I was working on my mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8468 ) but I've run into a snag.

My Follower NPC currently uses the quest FollowerDialogue and the voice type MaleKhajiit to handle the follower related topics and requirements, but I was trying to change that so he'll have his own unique voice type.

Now, everything transitions finely but when I want to go on to doing the 'you already have someone with you' dialogue, I used the voice requirement of GetInFaction CurrentFollowerFaction = 0. But by doing this, my NPC's voice type doesn't become valid anymore.

Why is this? I just can't understand why. I've compared him to other voiced follower NPCs like Herman via creation kit, but even if I duplicated him and changed his voice type, it won't appear as valid, so I know it isn't my follower actor's fault.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

DV

EDIT: I've been able to somewhat circumvent this by changing the target from Subject to Alias, which would point at an alias within the quest that my NPC follower will fill. Will this cause any repercussions to anyone's knowledge?

Edited by Darkvalkyr

• 1 year later...

I'm having a very similar issue, But i'm trying to add a second NPC to the mod for the follower quest line, and when I go to the follower dialogue to do the exact same steps I did for the first one to do the custom voice it won't let me.. won't let my NPC be the Valid Voice type for the dialogue, EVEN THOUGH everything has been done completely exactly the same as the other one.... can anyone help either one of us out please?!?!

• 5 months later...

Also having the same issue as the op.

"Getinfaction current follower faction 1" lets me change voice files

"Getinfaction current follower faction 0" does not.

Please help.

Ive added my followers voicetype to all follower voice formlists with no luck.