• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

souleater22

souleater22

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I dont know if this happend to anyone else but the download with manager button wont work for me, i had to download manually, anyone else have this problem

Defender1970

Defender1970

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I am having the same problem.

I am completely new to this Mod Manager. I recently bought both Skyrim and Oblivion. I have been using the Steam Workshop for my Skyrim mods, but I wanted to do some modding to Oblivion. I just downloaded and installed the OBMM, made sure all the check-marks were where they needed to be prior to installing and then went to 3 different mods with 2 different browsers (IE and Firefox) and I am not able to download anything to the OBMM. With IE the page quickly times out and with firefox I get an error box that pops up.

Some help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Defender

Setzway

Setzway

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Same for me as well. Glad to know I am not just an isolated case. At first I thought it must be something on my end, like my firewall or some setting. I ended up messing around with settings that I thought would affect it, even going so far as to turn off my firewall for a brief moment and try downloading the mod through the button. Even after all that it still doesn't work. I also tried doing manual downloads, those timeout at 99% each time. The only thing I noticed was that mods less than 50kbs would download manually without a problem. I am beginning to think the sire got overloaded or there was some maintence going on, or even my area was using their internet a lot. Hopefully it will work tomorrow or something. Really dissapointed to not be able to play with mods I wanted to get. I just got Fallout New Vegas and watched Gopher's videos and was going to download all those mods and use them. Only got so far as the NMM and NVSE followed by a small UI mod...everything just won't want to download.

Defender1970

Defender1970

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Well, I figured it out.

The OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) is not the NMM (Nexus Mod Manager).

Simply put, it seems as though if you want to choose the one button install, you must use the NMM. I guess the OBMM is an entirely different program for an entirely different use.

I hope this helps you guys out.

Peace, Defender

Edited by Defender1970, 10 April 2012 - 07:38 AM.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,508 posts
@Defender1970: Yup, you got it. OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) is an older , but still viable mod manager that is only used for Oblivion. It does have a few more features that NMM, but NMM is still new, and still in beta (under test) They use somewhat different ways to manage the mods. - OBMM cannot download mods, and most mods need to be manually converted to install using OBMM. NMM can download, needs no conversion to install the mods, works with 4 games (so far) and tells you when a new version is available - more features to come.

@Setzway: As thousands of people are using NMM without the problems you are seeing, the problem is most likely on your end. Some firewalls block NMM, Some antivirus block it, There may be problems with browser add ons such as noscript or ad blockers. I do remember someone finding a problem with Comodo firewall when used with Firefox, but not when using IE.

Suggestion, try a portable usb based browser with NO add ons to see if it is on your end or not. Here is a link to a site with several - take your pick, or try them all. :thumbsup:
http://downloadsquad...rs-for-windows/

Setzway

Setzway

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
@bben46
I tried what you suggested, I tried using firefox and minefield with no add ons and no firewall up and it still doesn't work. I would click the download with manager button and nothing happens. I waited a good 10 minutes before clicking it again, on the second time it refreshes the page and nothing happens. I tried downloading manually, most times it starts to download, gets to 99% then error's out saying the server timed out. I don't know what the problem is, especially since I can download anthing >1mb fine and use NMM to install fine as well. It's like anything higher than 1mb stalls out and says the server times out, one time when I tried downloading NevadSkies manually it fully downloaded but when I went to open it up said it was an invalid install/was corrupt. Which means it isn't downloading right, I don't see how that can happen when I have all add ons and pop-up blocker and firewall offf. If it helps any I am directly connected to the internet, my computer goes into the modem that goes into the wall.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,508 posts
Minefield is probably not the best choice as it is the beta Firefox. It's called minefield because it may not be stable. :tongue:

Try a clean Chrome or IE.
My own fully tricked out Waterfox ( a 64 bit optimized Firefox) will not download either. When I click on the download button, it tries to reinstall NMM instead. I use a bare chrome browser with no addons for downloading - or download manually most of the time as I have more control of downloading and unzipping that way.

The reason for the USB version is to bypass all add ons. You may have to change a setting on your AV or Firewall to allow downloads from NMM. Most firewalls do have the ability to allow individual sites through without allowing anything else through.

Setzway

Setzway

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the additional help. I'll have to try that a little later. While I was waiting for a response I decided to boot up my Laptop and try downloading the mods, then put them on a flashdrive and see if I can install them from the drive to my desktop. Sure enough it worked, currently I'm using the NMM to install the files from the flashdrive on my desktop. Which can only mean something on my desktop just does not like downloading from Nexus. I really don't care right now since I have finally found a way to get my mods and get them to work.

What I find funny is that my desktop is running XP and I turned off my firewall, add-ons etc. and it still won't download. Whereas my Laptop is running Windows 7 and it downloaded everything just fine even with the firewall up, and both computers use the same AV and firewall. Guess I'll have to look into it extensively. Thanks again for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.062 seconds