Looking for Help: Rebuilding Helgen

SyberSmoke

We all know Helgen, the first town we come to on our trip to saving the world. Almost loose our head to the axe man. But rescued by a dragon...yup good times...good times. Now sitting there derelict and forgotten. Just a forlorn cluster of bandit filled ruins...poor Helgen.

There has been some banter from time to time to help revive the town. I recently got interested in the CK just for the purpose, and instead of doing some lame little "Build a dungeon" tutorial, I am instead constructing the Dragons Folly Inn for Helgen. Eah it is for s*** and giggles...what can I say. I have also been working with scripter responsible for Helgen Rebuilt - Stage 1 and Helgen Rebuilt - Stage 2. But Helgen, she is being difficult. And while we agree that the city should have a nice and epic quest in the goal of rebuilding it.

SO, I am curious if there are any enterprising script monkeys out there that would like to take a crack at it. Or at least help us to properly solve some of the scripting issues that have been halting progression. Me, I am happy to make pretty indoor places and write the story. I have long years as a 3D modeler and well...making sure that ever bottle of mead is JUST RIGHT is my kind of anal retentive.

So, if you have any thoughts please post them here or you can friend me in Steam (SyberSmoke) or he who I have been helping (you have the links after all) and may be we can get this party train rolling. Now back to my inn...so much clutter...so little time.

Doing something with Helgen

Quite right. It's my major fast travel hub to a lot of southern Skyrim. I'd imagine that since the script can hide elements until activated, which is how houses are upgraded, then Helgen can be rebuilt from a quest obtained from the Jarl of ... whatever hold it's in, and done Assassin's Creed style, more macromanagement than anything else. Anything more complex would probably require beyond SKSE, maybe dragonscript.

There was another thread somewhere on the forum where someone was talking about upgrading all the old cleared ruins using vaguely this method, and the thread went into startling depth at what the CK and scripts were capable of. You'd be well off looking for it. Yeah, I'm lazy.

But yeah, tired of running into bandits. Good idea. maybe combine forces with that guy making the improve ruins mod and call it the Civilization of Skyrim.

Actually, I would not proceed with using the Yarl of Falkreath. Instead after an initial quest from Whiterun due to bandit attacks on Riverwood. Your given the task of rebuilding Helgen once you obtain Thane of Falkreath and all quests are then done through the assigned "Steward of Helgen". The NPC being in replacement of your Housecarl. This would eliminate extraneous ties and give you a new character to work with in your path to rebuilding the town.

As for that person your talking about...it would help to know what specific forum category it was in at least. Very unhelpful to say some guy some where was saying some long post about this and that. Way to many variables to be useful information. But I will poke around any way.

Actually, I would not proceed with using the Yarl of Falkreath. Instead after an initial quest from Whiterun due to bandit attacks on Riverwood. Your given the task of rebuilding Helgen once you obtain Thane of Falkreath and all quests are then done through the assigned "Steward of Helgen". The NPC being in replacement of your Housecarl. This would eliminate extraneous ties and give you a new character to work with in your path to rebuilding the town.

As for that person your talking about...it would help to know what specific forum category it was in at least. Very unhelpful to say some guy some where was saying some long post about this and that. Way to many variables to be useful information. But I will poke around any way.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/615440-rebuilding-skyrim/

searched rebuild, on first page.

You're welcome.