When I click 'Download with manager' nothing happens?

Calscifer

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have some great news friends....I found the answer.......after a couple seconds of googling I found this BEST ANSWER DoubleYou , 10 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

You do not need NMM for MO to download mods.

Proper debugging of downloading with manager issues should follow the troubleshooting instructions on the wiki:

Problem: When I click the Download with Manager button on the Nexus, nothing happens.
Possible solutions: There are many reasons why this may happen. Please try these possible fixes:

• Click the globe http://wiki.step-project.com/images/5/5a/Globe_MO.png button.
  • Go to the Nexus tab in Settings and click the Associate with "Download with manager" links button.
  • Go to your ModOrganizer directory and run the nxmhandler application. If the program is pointing to Mod Organizer, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close. If the program is not pointing to Mod Organizer, right-click in the window and select Add, select the game you are handling, browse to the appropriate ModOrganizer.exe application, click OK, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close.
  • If you are using Google Chrome:
    1. Locate the "Local State" file (enter %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ in the Windows Explorer address bar).
    2. Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad while Google Chrome is closed.
    3. Search for "nxm" (Click Ctrl+F and enter nxm).
    4. Delete the line that says "nxm": false (if true, still delete the line).
    5. Save the file.
    6. Next time you click the Download with Manager button, Chrome should pop-up a dialog asking to launch the application registered for nxm links. Click Launch.
  • If you are using Firefox, open Firefox, and inside Options, go to the Applications tab. Search for nxm and point it toward the nxmhandler application located inside the ModOrganizer directory if the option exists.)

The second bullet worked for me...

• 11 months later...

same here, i click download with manager anbd nothing happens.

OK this is of no help to those that dont use NMM i use it but only on my home PC but i do all my downloading at work, and since i cannot play at work

this is of no help to me, instead of making the site prettier and showing multiple YouTube videos why dont the site administrators fix the issues first before adding new crap to it.... seriously if i want a preview past that of what a character looks like from the pics i will go to YouTube myself and look it up, i dont need to sit and waist my time watching a video in another language for half an hour to see a 2 minute clip of what a character looks or acts like, now the issue that seems to plague us all is when you click on the download , doesn't matter if it is use NMM or manual it does nothing but reloads the page, i have tried in IE, Google, Chrome and Firefox , same results across all platforms, now it not on my end, i have tried in windows 7,8,10 and 10.1 it is the sites issue, so when can we expect a fix to this issue, just an FYI this site used to be good before the prettier updates and all, and i was prepared to buy into the site and become a sponsor of the site, but since the update what 2 years ago? this site has had nothing but issues and is what keeps me from buying into it. i think if the rest of the sponsors had a clue they would pull its funding as well until the problems were addressed and assured of no non repeating