The Titanic was a real ship!

IndorilTheGreat

I think I had a minor aneurysm from reading some of those posts already. :facepalm:

I used to be obsessed with the Titanic when I was eight or seven (ten years ago). Watched all sorts of doccumentaries and films over it. How can people be so ignorant of history?

Because you were obsessed, everyone else must know about the titanic?

He had to know it existed to be obsessed with it. He knew it when he was a little kid because he isn't ignorant.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying he knew about it because he isn't ignorant is saying he knew about it because he knew about it.

Perhaps what you meant is that he knew about it because he isn't stupid. But there is no need to be insulting.

Just because most people know that it's real, doesn't everyone cared or paid attention in history class when it was mentioned. Honestly, I don't even know that it was mentioned in history. Only time it was mentioned in school for me, was when the teacher wanted to say something about not tempting God, as I was raised by Christians, they used it and the famous quote (not even God could sink this ship) for lessons not really pertaining to the titanic. As such, it was only secondary to the lesson being taught.

It seems crazy to me that people would not have realized this before, but it's very possible people just didn't care when they learned about it, assuming they even did. I don't think there is really any reason to mock them for this ignorance. The Titanic is hardly an important part of history.

It may be surprising, but not for me. I am know a lot of information about various subjects that seems like a real no duh moment.

How do you not know what the Titanic is? Do people not know their own history? This is even dumber than the time in seventh grade when one of my classmates pointed to South America when asked where the U.S. was located. No offense, but how ignorant can some people be to not know of the Titanic? You need a pretty damn good excuse to justify that. Edited by Keanumoreira

Really hard to believe it's not a joke... (don't want to believe it's not a joke).

Even with the movie release, there was so much publicity about the actual ship... How would one not have seen any of that? I know people have other concerns, but it would have been hard to miss that stuff, no?

Wow i can't believe i found this on youtube, the very same Documentary i saw 10m ago the National Geographic channel

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=FAVEEaV2QDE

I'm not even sure how its on youtube. :confused::confused: Its a good hour and a half??I didn't think quality stuff like that was possible on youtube. Especially a hour and a half on youtube in 1080P :confused:

Edited by Thor.

I'm sorry, but not knowing about the Titanic just goes a bit beyond not simply listening in class. If you don't know about the most well known ship in the world, where have you been all your life? Probably hanging with your 'bras' while wearing a straight cap, listening to Soulja Boy and telling everyone how 'different' you are from the rest of humans.

The Titanic is real, you learned that in what..... 1st grade?

God, the stupidity of man.

I watched a documentary on it (actually, still am) on NatGeo, it's pretty interesting. But is it just by coincidence that it sunk in the deepest part of the world?