Hello , I am currently trying to create a fishing mod ( Where you can walk around with a fishing rod and just activate it near water surfaces , and receive random fish catches - exactly like fishing in WoW , for those who played it ) - there is a already a fishing pole in-game , and i can easily create a larger variety of fishes using the original fish meshes available in the game. But I'm having trouble with creating the actual "fishing script" and hoped someone could offer an hint , or tell me if such a thing is possible at all. I already have a basic plan in my mind , but no idea how to make it work. Anyway , here it is:
1. (already done) I created a new weapon and placed the fishing pole's NIF as the weapon's NIF , thus creating a wieldable fishing pole , which can be stored in the inventory and brought out at will.
2. ( I know what to do ) Attach a "Script to make an item cast a spell" to the pole , copy existing random spell , replace animation with that of a line shooting downward from the pole , put as desired spell in script )
3. ( don't know how to do ) Make a script that opens a container ( where random fishes will be stored ) everytime the player "shoots the spell" aka swings the fishing pole
4. ( No idea what to do , not sure if even possible ) Make a script that only allows to use the fishing pole on water. I think this can be achieved by either setting the possible "targets" that the "spell" can hit to Water bodies , and disabling part 3 if it hits anything else , or alternatively to create a "proximity script" that only allows the player to cast the "spell" AKA the line , when near water bodies. The only kind of "proximity" script i can think of that exists in the game is probably that of the Critters - Who flee whenever the player approaches too close. I , however , have no idea where to obtain this script , or how to apply it to proximity to water bodies
5. ( optional ) Create different type of fish catches for each region in Skyrim ( I know that each region has it's own water type , in the creation kit it says "ReachWater , Riftenwater and so on.. , so maybe a different container can be worked out depending near what type of water body the player is near )
6 ( optional } create a Fishing Perk Tree that allows upgrades , better fish catches , increased amount of fishes , ( can probably be set up like any other of the Spell Trees AKA levels up the more you use the "Spell" , AKA throwing the line from your fishing rod )
I'm sorry it's so long , But if anyone can tell me if this is even possible or offer an hint it would be very helpful. Thank you.
NOTE: I'm not interested in taking a credit or even making the Mod myself , So if any Pro modder is inspired by my general idea , or discovers that he can pull this off pretty easily , feel free to use the idea - no credit or anything needed. ( Just give me a link so i can download it , please xD )
Fishing mod - Impossible?
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users