No Problem

DragonBorn112

I too am happy to say my Skyrim experience has been problem free. I did have one mod that caused my game to crash a while back but I just deactivated it and went along with my business (that's why you add mods one at a time). Being cautious and reading everything about a mod before installing it has treated me well.

Great thread, nice to read something positive for a change. It probably won't last long though. But at least I'm problem free and loving the game!

I've had a number of mods that don't like to play nice with one another, but that's not the game's fault. So far my game seems to be running rather smoothly. But then again I'm still holding at version 1.4.21.0 just to be safe.

Rabbit

I run over 200 mods now and no issues. Of course, I add my mods one at a time and test them thoroughly before adding another one. I also read the readme's and comments to see if there are any potential problems with the mod. I have had a few crashes but they were easily fixed in minutes. If it is a mod I have used before and I am confident that it is stable and I will continue to use it then I install it manually. For testing I use NMM for easy uninstall if there are any problems. I think the majority of the people who constantly have these crashes are not using enough common sense in modding their game.

I'm closing in on 90 hours played on PC (hundreds more on console when I couldn't leave my bedroom) and have not had a single CTD. Not one. I'm running about 30 mods at the moment, but no big overhauls. I keep reading about people having constant crashes and how every patch ruins the game and all that... and I wonder what the difference is between all those people, and me, who has yet to experience even one little crash. I think I may have a better machine than a lot of people, but certainly not the very latest state of the art specs. I can't help but think most of the problems are mod-related and nobody wants to face the fact that their chosen pile o' mods may not be stable. It's easier to blame Bethesda.

Locked down Skyrim Steam updates running v1.4.21.0.4 w/SKSE & 100+ mods, gameplay stable so far on 2nd relaxed pace playthru.

Will update when I see a substantial update that seems worthwhile; otherwise, happy for now.

Biggest concern is GAMESAVE BLOAT issues which forced me to abandon my first game due to CTD's after saves reached approx. 17+ MB.

This was my experience playing earlier 1.1-1.3 versions of Skyrim.

Suspect this is the mammoth in the room no one mentioned; and, especially problematic for those of us that gameplay longterm.

Feel like this is a timebomb and I can only hope to find ways to fix issues if crashes happen again.

Doing what I can to keep Skyrim world clean including the few mods I've found that purge clutter.

Not to sound critical or ignite debate; but, I do not foresee Bethesda doing a lot about this issue with Creation Engine; which to me,

still feels a lot like core Gamebryo/NetImmerse engine behavior, probably nothing they can or plan to do w/Skyrim.

Vaguely recall similar gavesave bloat/corruption issues w/Oblivion; but, there were hex fixes found by modders: not Bethesda's Devteam.

On a positive note, hope I'm wrong about this and large gamesaves are stable w/patch v1.5x/beyond, not seeing posts about this recently so..

Anyway, again, happy for now; but, gamesaves are already hovering around 14mb and I still have

Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Civil War quests untouched.. tic toc tic toc..

Edited by xlcr

I am at game Version 1.4.27.04 and have had no game crashes since I locked out STEAMypile. I am running over 135 mods now on high settings for graphics.

Asus P6T Delux V2

I7 - 960 @ 3.2Ghz

6GB Platinum XTC Triple Channel OCZ

Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 @ 2GB

Twin -Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 @ 1TB ea

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

Corsair Enthusiast 850-Watt p/s

I replaced my Radeon 6850 POS for the newer improved-er(est) GTX680 and I am in <3 :dance: :wub:

No lock-ups, no CTD's, I carefully watch and rigorously inspect/test new mods I load with constant data folder saves.

Edited by Brandy_123

I had a few autosave crashes in the early days, but generally it's been pretty good to me. There does seem to be a problem with playing as one of my characters then loading another, custom race character, but in terms of the play experience with any given character, it's flawless.