No Problem

DragonBorn112

I've had less than 10 CTD's in my over 200 hour save file from 11/11/11, and that's pushing it. I think it's more like less than 5 CTD's even. I have had some quest bugs, related to radiant questing most the time, but the one I finally fixed with some clever console commands someone figured out, one is not really an issue, and the only two I'm still dealing with is the Civil War is stuck and the second White Phial quest never has started. Other than that, I've seriously had no real bugs of any kind.

In the early days, I had purple texture bugs, but I mean, that was after long play periods and all I had to do was quick save and restart the game. Took all of 30 seconds lol And the same with AI messing up or something. Very, very rarely did I have an NPC just stand there or whatever else, and when I did, once again, I just reloaded a save and was back in business in like, 10 seconds. I do have that Stray Dog in my house and it totally lost all of it's AI. Can't talk to it or anything else, but whatever. I actually kind of like that, because I play with Meeko but I can still give the stray a good home lol So there's a bug I enjoyed haha But seriously... I just don't consider stuff like that a real problem. It didn't break my game or anything or screw me out of something, so getting upset over that little stuff isn't worth the time really.

I'm also totally updated, and I only ever skipped 1.2. I luckily had a heads up on it and found out console players were having all the horrible issues so I waited, posted a warning here which almost no one read evidently, and seen so many had the same problems on PC.

I run a few mods, but nothing major. I also have Dawnguard and I honestly had no issues whatsoever with it. Main or side quests. As well, I was one of the people who was upset over Steam integration before release, yet today I've had less issues with Steam than many others have.

I really wonder as well why I've had such good luck, while others on a totally vanilla Skyrim and similar hardware have issues galore. I really think a lot of issues some people have may lie in software configurations more than hardware, but I'll never know for sure. I just hope there can be more positive around here someday as well, it's quite depressing seeing all the problems and negativity, and that's coming from a relatively negative person really.

Well, I was forced to update Skyrim to 1.5x because I installed Call of Duty - MW3, which had to be validated by Steam. I held my breath the next time I played Skyrim, but the basic game, with no mods installed except for the USP, is still pretty solid for me. It's buggy as hell, but was from the beginning and probably will be for many years into the future, but the game runs smoothly enough, with no CTDs or other glitches that sometimes made Oblivion a pain in the behind.

Whatever changes they made to the old Gamebryo engine, it's a breath of fresh air, compared to the hourly crashes I was used to dealing with when I was playing Oblivion.