Convenient Horses

• Please log in to reply
7908 replies to this topic

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,791 posts
Not sure where our mods stand in terms of compatibility (Extensible Follower Framework) but I made sure a certain feature got put into SKSE that allows for cross-plugin script access without having a mod as a master file (You'd normally need a master to get access to the Quest Property from another mod). Instead you can dynamically acquire a quest based on its EditorID (Very few Form types load their EditorID at runtime, we happened to be lucky and Quest was one of those), you can also cast to a type that may or may not exist.

Ex.

Quest XFLQuest = Quest.GetQuest("FollowerExtension")
if XFLQuest
XFLScript followerExtension = XFLQuest as XFLScript
followerExtension.SpecificFunction()
endif

This would essentially allow you to access any of my mods script specific functions without your mod requiring any modifications to the plugin and won't break your script if the quest was not found or SKSE wasn't loaded (Quest would be None if SKSE wasn't loaded).

Master Toddy

Master Toddy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I assume from your description that this mod is compatible then with Better Hoses and Horse Armor for Skyrim?

PlasmaJedi

PlasmaJedi

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
@Master Toddy Not sure, I think its meant to be compatible with follower mods, like UFO and the like. Generally, if you have two mods modding the same thing, which ever is loaded last has the most effect. Horse Inventory allows you to craft horse armor and open the horse's inventory to add it to the horse. With Convenient Horses loaded after Horse Inventory, I cannot acess the horse's inventory the way H.I. set it up to be, but Con. Horses also lets me access the horse's inventory, and equip it's armor. I would think Horse Armor for Skyrim would be compatible, but the H.I. mod uses the same armors, just turns them into items you can swap. H.A, for S. has all the armor locked onto the horses, and you cannot choose. Better Horses, on the other hand, I doubt is compatible. I would not save any game you try it in.

mitchalek

mitchalek

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,927 posts
@Master Toddy: Horse Armor yes, Better Horses big no unless you want to screw things up. @expired6978: Thanks for the insight. The methods I used to find additional followers will only work if they are added to DialogueFollower quest as additional aliases like UFO does. I'll explore the new ways and possibly add support for both EFF and AFT, though SKSE will definitelly be needed for integration with your mod. Limit will still be 15 can't really go up to 100, it is already too much if you take into account the complexity of scripts I made and things get out of sync when machine cannot process all AI packages and scripts on time. @PlasmaJedi: Inventory transfers will be optional when 3.0 goes final. @Alkorri: Yes you can. You'll only miss some of the features like bindable keys, inventory quick access, fast dismount out of combat and distant follow mode toggle (you can use config menu for follow toggle anyway). Furthermore, you'll be using MultiTap mode to gain access to mod features (works like windows double click but with Keyboard-E or Controller-A button on the horse). And video is ready, you might want to check it out ... 8tZk4LXmMNo

Edited by mitchalek, 09 June 2012 - 09:27 AM.

cuddy

cuddy

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
do you know if your mod is compatible with Oblivious Horses? (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13036) if yes, is the load order important? thanks!

999risingsun999

999risingsun999

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I would also like to know the answer to cuddy's question as i use that mod as well.

lorelai2009

lorelai2009

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
Yay! Video looks great! Now featuring the Giant Mudcrab of Death! Haha, where is that Mudcrab from? Or did you use setscale?

I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the RC1, works amazing!

mitchalek

mitchalek

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,927 posts
@cuddy: When I started this project I based this mod on Oblivious Horses for the sake of friendly faction relations. Progress went too far so I dismissed the re-used faction relations from OH and made my own dynamic relations in order to increase compatibility with other faction altering mods. You don't have to use Oblivious Horses because CH already provide the same faction relations it is just that they are updated in game when you load the mod for first time and you can choose at any time in the game to revert to normal relations. Only difference is that CH relations apply only to player's current horse via quest alias rather than modifying all horses, which was also the compatibility concern when it comes to using horse armor mods. To answer the question, it is compatible regardless of load order, faction relations are exactly the same - friendly to all. @lorelai2009: Yeah, setscale did the job for the video. ;) I'm glad that you're enjoying it, that means my hard work paid off.

SeniorCinco

SeniorCinco

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
I just came across this mod as I was looking for something to support my Vampire Horde. (like lorelai there...) I think this is amazingly well done. Fantastic job! A stupid question...Can we equip the follower's horses with choice armor from any of the Horse Armor mods? Again...Brilliant stuff!

mitchalek

mitchalek

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,927 posts
More good news, working on integration with EFF and AFT. It should all be automatic and for EFF integration to work SKSE will be needed. @SeniorCinco: Thanks! Regarding the horse armor, follower horses use default game horse skins. You cannot equip them with armor but if horse armor mod works by replacing game skins the armor should be on them by default (I really never got into the horse armor mods to know what they replace in order to get the armor appear). Maybe in the future I will look into this and provide full support for a certain horse armor mod. For now I need to finish follower mod integration before final release then I will take a break for a while, this thing exausted me and my family already hates me for neglecting them. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.019 seconds