swollen uvula

TheCalliton

hey all, yesterday i cam eto a self diagnosis of having a swollen uvula. I work as a cook at burger king, and it seems those responsible for changing the frier grease just wont do it, so they are smoking. combine that with a compact kitchen, and me having a sensitive respiritory system, and you have me needing to sit down for a half hour to regain my breath. Now it seems the smoke has agitated my uvula, which has now swollen (elongated) and is resting on my toungue painfully. Mom gave me a few Ibuprofien to help with the swelling, but im worried that the cause might be something wrong with my tonsils (i did some research) i doubt my folks will pay for me to see the doctor (which i really should, this is causing me to have trouble falling asleep) figured id ask your opinions

p.s. this really sucks and im about to go to sleep to wake up on day 3 of this bs

p.p.s. :wallbash:

Edited by TheCalliton

It could be your tonsils or tongue that is causing you grief. I had some problem with my tonsils a few years ago and I could hardly speak or eat food for a week, it was always sore and I lost a lot of weight. That especially wasn't good because if anything I needed to put on some weight :laugh: . It started out as a sore throat and continued getting worse until I went to a doctor. It was a miserable experience. Some tonsil related problems need medication to get over it so seeing a doctor would probably be a good idea.