Civil War problem

landy8

I have encountered a problem with the Civil War questline.

My first character completed the CW questline without any problems (Stormcloaks' side). Second and third characters were neutral. Then I created a fourth character and tried to join the Legion. But after the Whiterun defence instead of the Civil War quest I recieved a quest called:

[...]

Exactly as written above (with square brackets). The stages were correct, but the quest markers were missing, and when I tried to complete the first stage as it was, the game began to crush (CTD) often. I tried to make a new character, follow the Stormcloak branch of CW questline - the same result. I mean, after the Whiterun siege I also recieved a [...] quest, and the game also began to crush when I tried to complete the first stage.

I have no quest related mods, but I tried to switch off all the mods I have. No result.

I uninstalled the game, manually deleted the \skyrim folder, then installed the game anew. No result.

Can anyone tell me what the .... is wrong with the game?!

Please!!!

:facepalm:

That indicates a broken quest. What happened is the quest name/locatuion never was published for the next spawn location. You have 3 choices and 1 may not work.

the first is to advance the questline through the console. The problem with this is, that usually once it starts to break, other quests tend to also no longer function, or certain NPC's do not react how thety should.

The second way is to find a previous save prior to the corruption and load it. The problem with this way, you never know for sure when it happened, so you may end up going back a long way.

The final choice is abandon your present toon and start afresh. :(

The broken quest is not necessarily due to Bethesda, It could be a mod that caused the error. We all know this game is riddled with garbage Bethesda has no intention of fixing. Finding issues when you have a bnuch of mods that may or not be conflicting is a hard thing to isolate sometimes. I wish you well in t his. I have walked that pathway a few times and it makes you want to walk away from the whole mess. :wallbash:

That indicates a broken quest. What happened is the quest name/locatuion never was published for the next spawn location. You have 3 choices and 1 may not work.

the first is to advance the questline through the console. The problem with this is, that usually once it starts to break, other quests tend to also no longer function, or certain NPC's do not react how thety should.

Tried. No effect. I mean, the quest name is still [...] and the game still tends to crush.

The second way is to find a previous save prior to the corruption and load it. The problem with this way, you never know for sure when it happened, so you may end up going back a long way.

Tried to load a save before the Civil War start. Tried to load a save before Legion/Stormcloak joining. No effect.

The final choice is abandon your present toon and start afresh. :(

Tried. No effect. The Civil War quest now glitches anyway.

And, like I said before, I've even tried to uninstall the game completely (including all mods). No effect!

Anyway, thank you for your reply.