• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Grimraven1

Grimraven1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
You'll just have to remember to bring them along sometimes so they don't feel left out.

;)

Out of the factory women in Skyrim; Jordis is my personal favorite.

P210

P210

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
Another awesome NPC Grimraven! I love your loiter feature. It is one of the many things that makes your NPCs really stand out.

My only wish is that you'll be doing some tall skinny NPCs soon for us "tall and slim" lovers. A tall and slim, good looking huntress that could accompany us on our hunts would be much appreciated. Kind of like a Aela's stats/behavoir, but better looking. A half woodelf/nord?

Grimraven1

Grimraven1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
@ P210:

Funny thing is; the reason I haven't made slimmer ladies is because I honestly thought that if I did a lot of people would be like "where are all the curvy busty girls at?"

The thicker big-breasted women aren't even really to my taste which is the funny thing. I've always been more into athletic builds with a cute butt. Lol.

Tell ya what...give me some ideas as to what yo might want in a slimmer girl and I'll see what I can do.

The only thing I have going right now is assistance work with another modder on a fairly large project (I'm just providing some of the NPCs for him).

So comment here or send me a message and I'll look into it.

;)

P210

P210

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
Thanks for considering it Grim. My favorite girls wear the UNP body with the slider set to minimum. Altmers with this setting are supermodel sexy. So are Nords. The smaller races take on petite good looks with this setting. I agree with you in that things are way too big and curvy in Skyrim-Land.....

Here's my idea for a hunting companion:

* on the tall side (so between Nord and Altmer sizing)

* slimest body setting

* a gorgeous face with only a slight scar from a past run in with a sabrecat, no tatoos

* lighter skin so she looks better in all outfits

* Apachii reddish hair, greenish eyes, either pure Nord or mixed race Nord/Elven

* stats for hunting companion, stealth, lightfoot, muffled, archery, unagressive, make her so that she doesn't bump into you much (speed? bravery? etc.), she should hang back and/or retreat and use her bow, only use a dagger and shield when comfronted, no two handed, light armor, healing spell only, a sweet quiet voice, very friendly, kind of like the kind of girl you want to bring home to mother!

If I think of more ideas I'll post here. Feel free to ask questions and I am willing to test her out and provide feedback before you release her.

Edited by P210, 14 April 2012 - 04:59 PM.

P210

P210

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
Plus, find her naked (so you can equip her to wear ANYTHING, I wish all your NPCs were this way) somewhere out in a remote spot of Skyrim with only a hunting bow, some steel arrows and a steel dagger.....

Grimraven1

Grimraven1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I tend to put my companions in basic clothing so they aren't naked, but they'll still equip any armor you give them (armor rating of 1 is better than a tavern wench outfit of 0).

I have a request I'm about to get started on from someone who messaged me yesterday (he wants an exiled Greybeard companion). So I'll begin work on your request when the Exile is finished.

Mods usually take me about an hour and a half to complete unless I run into issues or the CK decides to poop on my work which forces me to start over.

From now until the exile companion is released; feel free to continue posting ideas and preferences so I'll have a good base to work with.

Just take a few things into consideration while brainstorming:

1. Making a half breed that involves elf blood will end up being a human race colored like an elf of an elven race colored like a human (the Imperial Dunmer mod I made uses an Imperial race with hair covering the ears so you can't see them and the "demon" eyes were used to simulate Dunmer-esque eyes.

2. Loading down a companion with perks works fine, but overloading them with spells tends to mentally constipate them (they have trouble deciding which spell to use if they have too many to choose from).

3. Placing NPCs out in the middle of nowhere can make them difficult to find, even with the Ai package I use. If they encounter enemies they will fight them and give chase whether you're out there or not...so they can sometimes wonder off from the initial spawn point a bit.

4. I have no problem making a slender girl, but I can't guarantee what armor will and won't work for a slim build.

5. Decide if you want her level dynamic or fixed. Dynamic will allow her to level as your character does, while fixed will make her the same level I set her at for any player character and any playthrough.

Think things over and try to narrow down what you want the companion to be. In the meantime; I got a date with a Greybeard.

;)

P210

P210

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
Ok thanks, that feedback should narrow things down a bit.

* As for the naked option, sometimes you just want to give her a pair of panties, a bikini, or some other type of dress with no armor for lounging around. This makes the naked option much better in my opinion and is one of the features I like about Falmerbane's NPCs. I use the UNP body and there are a lot of really nice unarmored clothes out there.

* She should be a pure Nord then. A local hunter who has fallen on hard times and is seeking a hunting companion.

* Make her available at a small town like Kynareth, perhaps hiding cold and and naked in the mine there? She lost her clothes when they were burned to just fibers from a dragon attack just hours before. She escaped the dragon by hiding in the mine. She needs a hunting companion to give her some clothes and befriend her.

* Ok, no spells at all. Priority is stealth, unagressiveness, archery, light armor, sweetness, good looks.

* Slim looks terrific with the UNP body. There are tons of great looking armors that fit well with the slider all the way to the left (slim). Slim is a priority. There has to be at least one awesome tall slim Nord out there for us!

* Dynamic level up

* Give her the name of "Sako", my favorite Finnish hunting rifle maker. Very Nordish.

Edited by P210, 14 April 2012 - 06:23 PM.

gvs440

gvs440

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Grim, I added her thru nMM and it freezes my game, I then turned off a lot of mods and got it to run with yours, but when I fast travel to windhelm to look for her it does not load my save (at windhelm)

any clues what could be causing this? other mods?

I also tried opening the esp with the NPC editor (latest version) and it does not load it. I appreciate your help since she looks super cool and would like to have her.

Thanks for the time and for sharing this with all, I understand that mods combinations can cause unexpected results!

gvs440

gvs440

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
sorry 4 double post

Edited by gvs440, 14 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Grimraven1

Grimraven1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
@ gvs440:

Make sure you have Apachii Sky hair installed. This mod will not work without it.

Try a manual install (I do not recommend using Nexus Mod Manager for anything other than something to put in your recycle bin). 98% of issues with my mods are caused by the Mod Manager (and are often resolved upon manual installation). Place the files in the zip folder into your Skyrim/Data directory (except for the read me file that's in it). When you load the Skyrim Launcher, click Data Files and make sure that Apachii's ESM is above all of your companion/ NPC mods in the load order. Also make sure that this file's ESM file is above its ESP file in your load order.

@ P210:
I'll leave the companion naked for you so you can dussy her up how you want. I'll set her weight scale low to try and give you the slim look you want but keep in mind that I don't use UNP (using CBBE Curvy v3).
I'll have to give her a minimal basic aggression level in the CK, or she will be cowardly (won't fight no matter what). I'll set her up to be defensive and only attack hostiles that are within your or her threat range.
I'm finishing testing on the Greybeard Companion now and I'll be starting up your mod here in a bit provided the mod is working as intended.
Feel free to list a preference on hair type and hair/eye color if you want.

Edited by Grimraven1, 14 April 2012 - 07:31 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.238 seconds