• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheGayLord

TheGayLord

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
skyrim doesn't usually crash for me, but now every time I try to enter dragonsreach, the game crashes right away. I think it might be a mod that is causing this, but I am not sure since I have a lot of mods installed and I can't check every one of them to see which is causing the problem. Please comment if you are experiencing this too or if you know anything about this.

Edit: The CTDs seems to be happening to me at not only dragonsreach, but when I try to enter understone keep, blue palace, and similar places as well...

Edited by TheGayLord, 14 April 2012 - 09:08 PM.

marten116

marten116

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Im experiencing the same thing, instant crash when trying to enter Dragonsreach. Have had problems with the "Frostfall" mod as well with permanent decreased stats and vanished "Basic camping Supplies", dont know if its connected. Perhaps there's a mod not compatible with the others.

TheGayLord

TheGayLord

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Im experiencing the same thing, instant crash when trying to enter Dragonsreach. Have had problems with the "Frostfall" mod as well with permanent decreased stats and vanished "Basic camping Supplies", dont know if its connected. Perhaps there's a mod not compatible with the others.

I am using the frostfall mod as well, if you updated to the latest version of that mod, then the"Basic camping Supplies" disappear because it uses a book called "The Survivor's Guide to Skyrim" that can be found in every inn and tavern to configure the settings in the mod. Also, it uses a spell called "survival skills" that lets you craft camping supplies now.

the CTDs might be caused by the frostfall mod, but even when I uninstalled the mod properly by following the instructions on the mod description page, the crashes still continued when I tried to enter dragonsreach.

Edited by TheGayLord, 14 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

kaase

kaase

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I had the same issue and after some testing I found that it was a mod that added trees to whiterun called WhiterunTrees ( I use the lite version of the mod ) after I turned it off I loaded my save and every thing work fine went inside Dragonsreach and saved but I felt kind bad losing this fine mod which made whiterun look so much better so I moved it down in the load order and loaded my save again I feared it would crash right away but it didn't and I went back and forth between Whiterun and Dragonsreach a few more time after I felt safe enough leaving the mod on. so it would seems it's a load order issue for my but I am not entirely sure I hope this will help you to determinen the cause off your crash. probably a mod that changes whiterun our Dragonreach.

TheGayLord

TheGayLord

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I finally found the mod that caused the CTDs for me! It was called "Alternate Start - Live Another Life", and when I disabled the mod, it stopped the CTDs that occurred when I enter dragonsreach and blue palace. :woot:
And the CTDs that occured at understone keep was caused by the "Deus Mons" mod.

so if anyone has these 2 mods installed and is experiencing CTDs when entering dragonsreach, blue palace, and understonekeep. Try uninstalling "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" and "Deus Mons"

Edited by TheGayLord, 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM.

jjk999

jjk999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
I don't have any of the mods listed here and I have the same problem. It doesn't happen untill after the 1st dragon is killed, but I don't know how long after. It seems to me as if that might mean that it's related to some quest which starts after you reach a certain level. That would be the umbra quest.

I haven't any mods that alter anything in whiterun. There is phendrix magic with a merchant in dragonsreach but as I said it loads fine early in the game.

Grrr.

babsik

babsik

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
same problem here - definitly the load order of the mods - i have lush grass, trees etc and also beautiful whiterun and whiterun trees - i deactivated them because of another bug and reactivated them later which caused the load order to be different - frequently CTD's but always upon entering dragon reach - changed the load order - worked again

rangeloreyes

rangeloreyes

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

well for me the problem is the cloak....specifically the black burlap i equipped while inside dragonsreach and went outside to make some more for the requirement for the linen black burlap.... it seriously crashes after i went in deagonsreach and also i did try a lot of fixes and this was just the only i found which made mine crash.... hope this helps.

ejduck

ejduck

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

if anyone else ever has a problem like this. check and see if you have lushfull trees

KiljekSouldrinker

KiljekSouldrinker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

How were you able to Uninstall Alternate Start - Live Another Life? I've tried to uninstall it, and now my game freezes on Load. The reason I'm trying to get into Dragonsreach is to complete the quest of reporting the dragons to the Jarl on behalf of Riverwood. I won't be able to continue the main quest if I can't get inside Dragonsreach, and my game won't load now w/out Alternate Start. So what do I do?

Edit: Discovered that the Save was corrupted -- I was able to Load from an Auto Save earlier in the city. Yet still, even w/out Alternate Start, I still CTD at Dragonsreach. Bah! Can anyone else offer suggestions as to what might be causing it? The only Whiterun mod I have in is Sexy Whiterun, which I've already uninstalled w/ no effect.

Edit: Okay, so I underwent a systematic uninstall of all my mods a few-at-a-time until I was let in, and then narrowed it down to Bijin Warmaidens - CBBE All in One. (What sense does that make?) But now I can't talk to the Jarl w/out CTD. The farthest I've made it in our conversation is me attempting to explain that I last saw the dragon heading toward Riverwood -- then it crashes. *sigh* Worst-Lines-Great-Movies-Gladiator-VexedIt vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

EDIT: Okay, it's a couple days later, and I realized I was topping out my memory! Had nothing to do w/ my mods (or, almost nothing). Skyrim has a limit of 3.1G of RAM that it can process before shutting down. My crashes were related to that. Having installed ENBoost, almost all of my problems have been solved. Gopher has a really good installation video on it, so if you haven't already used ENBoost and you're crashing randomly and unpredictably, you might be running over your 3.1G of game RAM.

Edited by KiljekSouldrinker, 10 May 2014 - 01:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.911 seconds