CTD when entering dragonsreach

TheGayLord

I have uninstalled all my mods and tested the Dragonsreach, it was working fine, than I installed the Unofficial Skyrim patch and now it crashes 70% of the time. So it is quest related bug, since this mod try to fix many quests around skyrim. I don't know how to play without it, so Im thinking of running skyrim with it and save everytime I'm about to enter in Dragonsreach, since it don't crash sometimes.
I was thinking it was a problem with a texture replacer mod, like SMIM, Sexy Whiterun, Enhanced Lights, Enhanced Fire... But it took me 2 hours testing dragonsreach with every mod.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Skyrim Particle Patch is not the issue here. It is more than likely the position of your patch or the relation of its position to your other mods. I have used SPP for ages and never had a problem; others as well. While I don't doubt that it is connected, just removing it isn't necessary.

• 1 month later...

Confirmed. The Dragonsreach LOD installed with the particle/subparticle AIO patch causes a conflict with JK's Whiterun any version. CTD.

Install the Selective version of the particle patch manually excluding the dragonsreach LOD.

Then install the subparticle patch afterwards.