• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Christhesilent

Christhesilent

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
This has been happening for a good... well... since NMM was created really.

Used to be that every version would be version 1, and clicking the link would send you to a hidden file, or a mod entirely different altogether.

I do believe it's the result of just being incapable of handling all the traffic.

At least the site itself hasn't gone down again... I don't think... *knock on wood*

rgdelta

rgdelta

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
It is effecting all of NMM functions (no update of version no data) files not downloading through NMM file not found and finally info lookup gives nexus is unavailable it has been hit and miss all day

Campocalypse

Campocalypse

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Everyone boycott Nexus. Then while you're all boycotting maybe I can get a download

k4tonic

k4tonic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
Just download manually and use NMM to add from file, it works essentially the same way...

fadhilsanders

fadhilsanders

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
why i can't download Mods Skyrim.??..File Does Not Exist.?

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

why i can't download Mods Skyrim.??..File Does Not Exist.?

Don't worry, it's not just you. The servers (or something) seem to be having trouble right now. I can't add any file (through a NMM link or Manually - NMM crashes if I try to) and every mod I have is showing "No data". Hopefully we'll hear an update soon.

Arizona_Steve

Arizona_Steve

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
Is the Steam Workshop any more reliable than this?

JettheLatios

JettheLatios

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Same here, looks like we're all on the same boat :/ The NMM doesn't let you download mods and it doesn't show the latest version.

Entw1ne

Entw1ne

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Is the Steam Workshop any more reliable than this?

Eh, each have their pros and cons. Besides for just using it and the Nexus in general for a long time now, I prefer NMM over the Steam Workshop because the SW doesn't really allow you to access the files, or manage them in any way - Say if two re-texture mods alter the same files, and I want to use these textures from the first mod, and those textures from the second mod, I can't do that (as far as I know). Also, there are no optional files. It's one mod, one file. The Nexus has a lot of dedicated modders who have been here for awhile as well, although both the Nexus and Steam each have their own exclusive mods.

It's up to you, really. If you like having more control over the mods you use, use the Nexus. If you prefer it to be more simplistic and not have much choice in variation, go with the SW. The Nexus and the NMM is working the majority of the time, Steam may have a little less downtime, but it's not much different. Then again, I haven't checked or used the SW since a few weeks after it released so things could have changed by now.

Kamui13

Kamui13

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
Same here, I'm seriously considering moving to Bash exclusively.
I normally use both NMM and Bash and especially like NMM having URLs to the mods and all but it's just not as stable as Bash.

Page loaded in: 2.282 seconds