Uploading files from the Japanese Community

buddah

Recently there were several Japanese mods uploaded without permission. After numerous reports about the files being stolen/uploaded without permission the files were hidden from public viewing and downloading. Subsequently the mods have been deleted, as per the wishes of their authors/creators.

I have spent the last several days making contact with the Japanese modding community trying to get permission from the various authors with some level of success.

Most of the files in question are still WIP's and as such have not been released to the general public as of yet, most of these authors are members here and will upload their work when it is completed and tested.

In a few cases however, the files are not to be shared outside of the 2ch forums as the author(s) do not have permission to use some of the contents from their original creators. Specifically pose mods that are a compilation of many different creators and permissions from all is difficult or impossible to obtain.

It must be understood that the Japanese modding community has their own rules that should be respected, you are free to visit their forums and download what interests you, however uploading content here without permission will not be tolerated. We will afford all mod creators the same courtesy and respect their wishes regardless of where they call home.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope some level of understanding with our various cultures has been reached and a spirit of continued cooperation and support will be the end result.

Buddah

I noticed those Japanese mods too...they are nice but still authors get irritated if they are released without their permission. And most japanese sites say "Don't contact us...we don't speak english :P" or something like that.

Btw glad that this topic is pinned :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Maafiaman

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed those Japanese mods too...they are nice but still authors get irritated if they are released without their permission. And most japanese sites say "Don't contact us...we don't speak english :P" or something like that.

Btw glad that this topic is pinned :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Maafiaman

Which is why you learn the language, have someone who you can trust learn the language, or don't contact them. Although I'm sure there are a few out there who are only looking to thank these modders, many who contact them are just doing so in order to use or re-upload their resources. There would not be a need to say something like that if there wasn't a reason behind it. This is not to suggest that people who are involved with those places know english, and just don't want to be disturbed by every little 12 year old who thinks their mod is good. But rather that they have no reason to cater to those who do not know their language, and probably have no intention of learning. It is a Japanese community, where people speak Japanese. They do not need, or want non-Japanese speaking people posting there. Especially when, more often than not, those people are just members in order to take from said community without offering so much as a "ありがとう" in return. Afterall, in English speaking communities, we expect people to speak and understand some amount of English, or atleast fake it. It's only fair that they can expect the same. Unlike English speaking communities, which tend to be more international, many other language communities don't have people around who might happen to know your language and help you communicate.

Which means that you only have an advantage when you speak the language of things people want, and are at a disadvantage when you want something from people who speak a language you don't know. It's just how it works, either be willing to learn and actually take the steps, or provide something that everyone else wants.

Anyway, enough debate. Good post, hopefully people will see it. The last thing we want is to piss off other communities because of some fools who decide not to know or honor the wishes of the author. It has certainly happened before, and may happen again, but hopefully not here.

Hello!

I'm one Japanese Oblivion player and a webmaster of Oblivion fan sites (if u want to know, plz see my profile) and one user of the Japanese players community of 2ch forums.

We are very happy to hear that there are good reputations for Japanese mods from non Japanese players. And we known there is a great demand for those mods. But NOT all Japanese are good at English. English has entirely-different language system from Japanese. It's so difficult (Same difficulty for English speakers to understand Japanese).

Firstly it's dufficult to make readme documents. Ok, let's assume that we managed to upload our mods. Then we will get some (or many) questions and demands and we must reply in English. Reading English, writing English, and again reading English... We don't want to think! We have many things want to do, and time is so short. If our mother tongue was English, we should reply questions and requests more or less. If we didn't do so, we might be criticized. But we are Japanese, so we might face more...

In this place, we won't bring in international issues and conflicts. We are the SAME Cyrodiil citizen, we wish we are peacefully and friendly and honestly.

However it's difficult for non Japanese players to get our mods, re-distribution without any permission of modders is not good deed. All people must respect for all creations each other, and language barrier is considered separate issues. To respect each other or not, this is the problem.

More Japanese modders upload their mods on TESN than before. And we start thinking about non English players. So we must meet halfway. Japanese is also difficult language, we think, but it is more easy than reading "The Elder Scrolls". :-)

What I want to say has already written by others, but it is bad thing that there is no reply from Japanese, so I post this comment.

By the way, I am an webmaster and a project manager of the "Mod localization project Wiki" (http://modl10n.oblivion.z49.org/) (Of cource, before starting localization, we contact the author as possible). Our roles of international comunication is so little, but this may create an opportunity of Oblivion player's international comunication and development, I wish.

The language has the border, but the game doesn't have the border.

Sorry for poor English.

Have a good Oblivion life!

Hi there and welcome to TESNexus. Thank you for providing a view from Japan and let me say you're English is very good :)

The localisation of Japanese mods sounds like an awesome idea, provided permission is sought from the original author. I wish you all the best.

Hello!

What an honor to get Dark0ne's reply!!!

I mumbled that Adoring fan's greeeting speech before I can stop myself, ha ha ha. :-)

On "Mod localization project Wiki", we localize English mods into Japanese. But when I read your comment, I found localization Japanese mods into English is also meaningful. ...But that idea doesn't come true now, saddly. Someday our project may become successful, I wish we will set that idea into action.

Our project is just getting started, members are ill-attended now. We don't know what to expect. But we will do our best.

Thank you!!

im quite unsure if i should say this but i think its my opinion and i should therefor...

gon ichi wa

as a non native english speaking person myself and being born in a language system very close to yours but also knowing enough japanese people irl "watachi wa ai nihon musume!" :P

i have the feeling japanese people still are abit in the mindset of the 16th century which to many extends is good in my mind (eg hagakure's moral) but in regards to a language like english which has evolved to an international language spoken by nearly anyone on this planet i think it should change

plz dont take this as an offense as it is NOT

when i was in japan i was quite riddled by what all the people said as nearly noone spoke english or anything else than japanese (heck even the arabs speak it quite well and their language really is different)

i dont think that behavior has a future... plz try to take english as a second language which you should be able to speak well and Irrlicht (a word form my language btw ;)) your english is really good i must admit...

if all would speak that way my post would not be necessary

many people in my homecountry have the same way of dealing with english but more and more realize its importance to a succsesful international... no global... way of communicating

i repeat i was not born speaking english but as it is really a quite easy language from whatever language system you might come from (japanese is alot more comlicated imo if you dont come from a place with similiar system) i think one should try to learn it as good as possible and if that means creating somin like singlish... well go ahead

i just think its important for the people of our planet to be able to communictae to create a peaceful and harmonic place we all can dwell in

i hope i dont have to explain the benefits of communicating in regards to culture, tolerance and widom

sincerely yours

jaysus

as to mods... ya totally agree always get permission!

translations? ya also totally agree

i still need to translate my stuff back to my language lol

ah btw if you want you can post my stuff at your japanese community and translate it too... permission given without question asked :P hehe

Irrlicht it's nice to see a member of the japanese community here and you speak english well. Like Jaysus english is not my native language. My native language is the native american language. I have been speaking english for so long now and I have not spoke my native language in many years, I barely remember how to speak it now. I like what you are doing, translating english mods to japanese. it would be nice to see more japanese mods translated to english aswell. It is very hard to find japanese mods for people that don't understand the language. Personally I thik everyone should learn how to speak english, I don't think that because I think english is the best lanuage but because it would be helpful for there to be a universal language. There are already so many speaking english it would be easier to universalize a language already so widly spoken. Personally my favorite languages are German and Japanese.

I Think it's Awesomtastic that mods are being translated from Japanese to english but i think that basically the fact is that if you don't speak Japanese, don't download mods that are in Japanese. And vice versa with English. Maybe a seperate site or branch of an existing site could be set up for people who speak both languges to have the mods posted that have been translated to avoid confusion. that way people don't download a mod they can't under stand without realizing.

Archived