Heavy Traffic ×

Solution for [WETriggerScript<(01099883)> Warning: on init ()

Visious

Thanks for this, I was getting the error too. Sometimes I could get the game to run and I couldn't cast spells.??

I have a question about mods I'm using that call for Update.esm... Such as Riverwood Enhanced, alternate start, and so on. Can I still use those?

According to Nexus experts like Duskdweller, you need the update.esm, not any skyrim.esms in your ini plugin file. If you run the most updated version of BOSS with NMM, it will set your plugin ini file in order.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still having some troubles with this, I'll see if I can get the most recent Boss and give it a whirl

I've gotten around the error thanks but I still have another problem cant cast spells

I found why I cant cast spells

Advanced Kill Moves isnt up to date with the current version. I read about it on the main file page urg.

Edited by gamefever

Thanks for this Visious. My problem now is that everytime i want to load Skyrim, i have to go in to the folders again and delete the extra Skyrim.esm and update.esm as they respawn.

Am i doing something wrong?

I was having the same issue. Go to the appdata/local/skyrim folder as previously explained and select the plugins.txt (and plugins.ini if it exists) and right click. Select Properties. Select Read Only. This is only a temporary fix, but after setting the file(s) to be read-only, I didn't have that updating problem that re-inserted skyrim.esm and update.esm.

If you need to re-run BOSS, go back and uncheck Read Only. Run BOSS, then repeat removing the duplicate skyrim.esm and update.esm and re-setting the files to be Read Only.

Also, I went to my steam/steamapps/skyrim/data/scripts/source folder and deleted the wayward WETrigger source script - this forced the file to be re-extracted from skyrim.esm. I'm not sure if that helped in my case, but it was an additional step that I took.

(edit) ps:

It is Nexus Mod Manager that is using/adding to plugins.txt. So my revised "solution" -

1. Once you have used BOSS and NMM (or just NMM) to order your mods, launch Skyrim (regular or SKSE).

2. If you get the WETrigger warning, exit out of Skyrim (odds are you'll be hung, so either CTRL-ALT_DEL and select Task Manager to close Skyrim that way, or ALT-TAB to your desktop and in the Task Bar, right click and select Close Window).

3. Open plugins.txt (in any text editor) and correct the duplicate skyrim.esm (by deleteing one of them) and the update.esm (by deleting that line*) entries.

4. Save the file and exit the text editor of your choice.

5. In the appdata/local/skyrim folder, right click on plugins.txt and select Properties.

6. In the General tab, check the Read Only option. Apply and then close the dialog box.

7. Start NMM, it will prompt you that the file is Read Only, click on the No button and TMM won't undo the Read Only status or update the file.

If you add mods, you will have to repeat these steps (select Yes when running NMM, then repeat the steps above). A pain, I know, but until Nexus fixes NMM, you're stuck with this when adding mods

* You may not need to delete this line; as long the update.esm is checked in NMM or the Launcher, it shouldn't matter if it is in the txt file, the game will load the plug-ins based on what is checked in the Launcher/NMM.

pps: Once your load order is set, if you are using SKSE, just create a shortcut to skse_loader.exe and launch Skyrim with that. If you don't use SKSE, just launch the game normally (without going through Nexus Mod Manager).

Thanks for this, I was getting the error too. Sometimes I could get the game to run and I couldn't cast spells.??

I have a question about mods I'm using that call for Update.esm... Such as Riverwood Enhanced, alternate start, and so on. Can I still use those?

According to Nexus experts like Duskdweller, you need the update.esm, not any skyrim.esms in your ini plugin file. If you run the most updated version of BOSS with NMM, it will set your plugin ini file in order.

Update.esm being in the <user>/appdata/local/skyrim folder's plugin.txt (or .ini for those that created it) doesn't seem to matter; what seems to be more important (insofar as mods that list update.esm as a master) is that it is checked in NMM (or the Skyrim Launcher) as an active plug-in. In fact, because of whatever son-of-a-glitch Bethesda introduced with the Dawnguard DLC, having update.esm listed in the plugin.txt file does cause the error indicated. As far as what is causing the duplicate skyrim.esm insertion ... as mentioned in a post here, likely a script not doing what it is supposed to.

I agree, though, that it is a good idea to use BOSS to get a good rough starting point for load order, especially for those not familiar with load order issues and how to resolve them.

Update.esm being in the <user>/appdata/local/skyrim folder's plugin.txt (or .ini for those that created it) doesn't seem to matter; what seems to be more important (insofar as mods that list update.esm as a master) is that it is checked in NMM (or the Skyrim Launcher) as an active plug-in. In fact, because of whatever son-of-a-glitch Bethesda introduced with the Dawnguard DLC, having update.esm listed in the plugin.txt file does cause the error indicated. As far as what is causing the duplicate skyrim.esm insertion ... as mentioned in a post here, likely a script not doing what it is supposed to.

I agree, though, that it is a good idea to use BOSS to get a good rough starting point for load order, especially for those not familiar with load order issues and how to resolve them.

see my post above for my revised "solution" to this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi I have a easier way to fix open steam library right click Skyrim click on properties click on Local Files click on verify integrity of game cache...... and let steam do the rest it worked for me and hope it works for you peace out ! Edited by MJP0070

I'm not so sure if this was a steam update. Mine didn't update. I did however, just use boss right before it started happening. It claimed that somehow Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Hearthfires all contained dirty edits (which it never said that before), that they needed cleaning, and numerous suggestions of using TES5EDIT and something about tags "BASH, RELEV" or something of the sort. I didn't use them, because the last time I did I couldn't start a perfectly functional game.

Next thing I know, I have 3 different wettriggerscript warnings and cluster of corrupt saves.

The plugins happens to revised loadlist that Boss was suggesting, which is very different from the still-open Nexus Mod Manager list.

O.o; It's supposed to be .ini, but somehow got changed to .txt.

Verifying your game cache works, but it will ruin certain mods or break them.

I reverted back to a backup and wasn't able to fix it, but trying the plugins file fix has worked. Thank you. Now I just wish that was seen before I deleted a couple of saves that would instant-crash as a result of this bug.

Edited by Koniving

• 5 weeks later...