Amazing Follower Tweaks

• Please log in to reply
10153 replies to this topic

jheise44

jheise44

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 76 posts
Ok thanks for the tip, I am going to do a little more research. It is actually a tweaked Meeko. The problem arises when you ask him to follow with "C'mon boy!" or whatever it is. He doesn't follow and just keeps barking. If you try to talk to him again you get the same "C'mon boy!" thing to say. Ok I got it all worked out, scripts and all. It was a null parameter in extendedfollower. Apparently the dog mod was being set to NONE and nothing would recognize it. Papyrus logs I am learning are a godsend. Thanks again! Love your mod @Stevenbrah I use Cerwiden SMART healer and have 0 problems with AFT. 100% compatible and she is probably one of the more script heavy followers. If she has no problems I couldn't imagine any other followers would minus some animal followers...the latter being the custom animal followers scripting and not AFT.

Edited by jheise44, 23 September 2012 - 07:57 AM.

jagPanzerkw2

jagPanzerkw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi Dheuster,

Would it be possible for you to recode the stats calculation, so that your character does not get debuffed? I am referring to the use of GetPermanentActorValue rather than GetActorValue. With that, you need not remove any apparel to recalculate the stats. Should'nt NPCs get incremental carryweight as they levelup their stamina, rather than remain fixed at 300 or 1000?

Dheuster

Dheuster

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
@jagPanzerkw2: GetPermanentActorValue is a console command. There is no equivalent in papyrus:

http://www.creationk...ategory:Papyrus

GetActorValue in Papyrus tells me what the value is, but it gives us no indication of what their value is without racial modifiers, armor, etc... I have thought about having NPCs strip during level up to ensure no modifiers... but I think they strip enough as is.

Hoamaii

Hoamaii

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 840 posts
Hi Dheuster,

Could you please give us some directions about how to tweak stats? My understanding is "auto" is based on the game leveling up system, and "manual" allows us to tweak AFT stats and skills. But I'm not sure I'm using it right... (sending you a PM). Thanks!

Hoamaii

Hoamaii

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 840 posts
@ Dheuster: seems your PM box is full. Need your advice though - sorry to ask it here:

After a few hiccups, leveling up from lvl 70 to 73 using AFT 1.34 auto level up became fairly stable again. I upgraded from 1.34 to 1.41 (just replacing files, no reset, no clean save) between lvl 73 and 74. Stats looked exactly the same before upgrading and after but went down 1st time my PC leveled up.

Using 1.41, housecarls' stats totalled around 1710 and skills around 1000 before leveling up. After leveling up to 74, it all went significantly down: total available stats are still around 1700 if set on "auto" but they go down to 1500 if set on "manual" - same with skills: on "auto", they go down to 766, 788 on "manual", when they totalled 1000 the level before. Skills are strangely distributed too: on "auto", housecarls show 99 in LockPicking, 20 in HeavyArmor (default is 100) and 15 in Block (Ref base 100 too).

Any idea what may be going on? Many thanks for your help and a great mod! (guys, these are hiccups in my game or possible mistakes on my part - I'm not blaming AFT here :0))

macadamstreet

macadamstreet

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
mmh, i dont know why , maybe because of dawnguard, but i need this and UFO both for work , if i take only this one, my game crash :( i have try again ,the follower change clothes when i pick it (clothes to armor) and CTD , retry again, and now, look like work ^^ ( both with UFO) i hope it work good now , i come next time for tell you if it work now or not ps: i have take it in steam workshop edit : yes it work ,i didnt know what happen before o_O

Edited by macadamstreet, 23 September 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Oddjob83

Oddjob83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
something odd happened, Lydia was in werewolf form, about her 5th transformation, and she refused to equip armor after she turned back. she would wear an amulet of dabella and a bear-skin cloak, and use her shield and axe. after removing your mod and reinstalling, she still wouldn't ware them. so i tried to wear them and i was told I am unable to equip the item. some how the armor was flagged as un-equipable. So i sold it and added myself some new stuff from console. all seems normal now but i don't tell her to wear it all the time she just wears it now cause its all she has.

just thought id mention as i didn't see it as a problem listed in any other mod that alsters what NPCs wear.

Jesuses97

Jesuses97

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i keep having a bug that just crashes me to desktop i read the readme. so far i know my skyrim i guess aint the right update... I used Nexus Mod Manger So i know its right.. Anyway i can still use this mod.... Please Help.

Corrodias

Corrodias

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
It crashes when you do what? As soon as you load a game after installing the mod? When you start the Skyrim program?

Dheuster

Dheuster

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
@Hoamaii: I freed up some space. So I should be good now. So the issue with 1.34 was stat bloat because skyrim and AFT were both leveling your follower. So stats going down doesn't surprise me. Here is a breakdown of how things work:

Auto + Default combat style = vanilla skyrim leveling
Auto + Specific combat style = AFT auto leveling
Manual + any combat style = AFT manual leveling

The tricky part is if you go from AFT managing the stats (for whatever reason) to vanilla, the changes dont take affect until the next level up. But if you change things in a way that results in AFT managing the stats/skills, the change happens immediatly.

Page loaded in: 1.091 seconds