• Please log in to reply
9267 replies to this topic

Dheuster

Dheuster

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
@ALL: Sorry for the delays, but I did find some bugs that I needed to fix... and now I have to test the fixes. My earliest ETA right now would be Thursday, more likely Friday or Saturday. Just thought I would post something and keep those who are paying attention up to date.

revelationman

revelationman

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
thank you.....and im ALWAYS paying attention!!! <----says creepily

KenG10

KenG10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Keeping an eye on this one for sure.  Been reading all of the other follower tweaks mods and I think this is the one for me.  I'll wait for the new version before jumping in though.

athense

athense

Protector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Ok im trying to find a follower add on like this as I have been screwed over too much by ufo. Can I install this and then say I have to clean up the load order. WIll my save be dependent on the file? is this compatible with dlc companions?

Juraigr

Juraigr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
For some reason i cant have more than one follower is it cos im in solsteim

Aresylus

Aresylus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Greetings all, I was wondering if it were possible to link up a custom follower with aft, or is it already in by default and it's a screw-up on my end. Any help, tips, or guidance would be heavily appreciated, still relatively new to making my own mods so be gentle lol

TerranBrackiatt

TerranBrackiatt

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 77 posts
thanks Hoss

Josaline

Josaline

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Watching with avid interest :)

I just bought a new pc and have been re-installing everything. I love this mod, but will wait till the fixes or changes are implemented. I am curious about one thing though and that is the definition of 'standard outfit'. Can a follower be given crafted armor or looted armor that comes from another mod or is re-textured, changed in any manner at all, or, is 'standard outfit' vanilla game armor only?

Will drop back in every few days to check up on this most 'Amazing Mod'.

Dheuster

Dheuster

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
@athense: AFT was designed to work with custom followers and custom items. So for the most part it works fine with DLC followers. In fact it includes a significant amount of special code for Serana if you have Dawnguard. The exception to this is Heathfire. There are some known conflicts with Hearthfire, but if you place AFT below Heathfire in the load order and stick to AFT's follower commands (instead of using Hearthfires), things still work Okay.

AFT includes a power that activates a menu of commands. One of them allows you to "Reset AFT" which undoes all of AFT's changes to your game. This is normally part of the uninstall process.

With Skyrim in general, you do have to be carefull about disabling mods. As long as you leave everything enabled, you can reorder to your hearts content. But disabling mods is what leads to dirty saves. In AFT's case, you want to be sure to run the "Reset AFT" command on any saves you wish to salvage before disabling the mod.

@Juraigr: Either AFT isn't at the bottom of your load order or it failed to initialize properly. Not to say I didn't find a few minor DragonBorn bugs, but only being able to have 1 follower was not one of them.

@Aresylus: When you say "link up", do you mean make a mod that requires AFT as a master esp, or do you simply mean use a custom follower with AFT? AFT monitors all dialogues. If the NPC you are talking to goes from not being in the CurrentFollowerFaction to being in the CurrentFollowerFaction, aft will auto-import them. You dont have to actually LINK against aft to make that happen. If the follower is advanced and has their own follower AI package, users can still import them into AFT using AFTs "Tweak Make Follower" power. (Though you might break some of the advanced followers special features).

@Josaline: AFT does allow you to place custom items on vanilla and custom followers. However it isn't risk free. Most people will be fine. Just make sure you dont go disabling mods once you start assigning custom items and spells to followers. This is explained in the readme's Trouble Shooting section.

Josaline

Josaline

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thank you for that clarification Dheuster, much appreciated.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MrMatabou
Page loaded in: 1.538 seconds