• Please log in to reply
2656 replies to this topic

garren69

garren69

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 706 posts
In response to post #7925396.

After thoroughly testing it last night I did run into a problem with the speed which caused my player to become extremely slow. I had to transform into a werewolf and back to human form to fix the speed. Is it possible you could create a script that resets the speed of the player back to normal after each landing? I'm not sure how this would be done, but there is still a speed issue unfortunately. And in first person mode while flying it sounds like I'm running on the ground if I'm going fast and walking on the ground if going slow. Can this be fixed? I think your mod may be a little too ambitious. Seems like you should simplify it by just making a script that toggles TCL on when going into flight and TCL off when landing or just rework the speed by only offering the normal DEFAULT speed for everyone. I think you'll have a more stable product if it's just a little less ambitious without all the bells and whistles. Of course the animations should stay as they give the player the appearance their avatar is flying. But all the beta collision stuff and the speed multiplier is just too much I think for this game that wasn't really designed for flight. You should really focus on making something that's extremely stable but still offers flight so you can take this out of beta. It's been beta for a LONG time. I was away from Skyrim for a year and I remember testing this mod out way back then. Now I'm back and it's still not stable. At least release a version that keeps the animations but simplifies the rest so there's at least a stable version anyone can feel comfortable using. Then work on the beta version with all the bells and whistles until you get it fully stable. It's a great mod and very fun when it works. I just want something that works guaranteed without the possibility of any glitches. Thanks.

Edited by garren69, 28 April 2013 - 01:02 AM.

madmoder96

madmoder96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
In response to post #7894546.

I want to know this too, what are you using? pc or jtag?

groupthinker1984

groupthinker1984

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #7894546. #7928792 is also a reply to the same post.

Add the spells independently using player.addspell for the time being. just type the following: help Flying

You want to add Flying Spell and Flying Mod Configuration. Flying Effects will be added automatically by the spell.

nightshadowtm

nightshadowtm

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
BUG: theres a bug where I get teleported to throat of the world read the scroll but it my guy just stands there I have skse and force idles. can you make a version where you don't have to read an elderscroll just fly

slamminuk

slamminuk

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
I'm also stuck at the throat of the world.

I'm literally stuck floating like this

Posted Image

I can move up and down and that is all.

So far I prefer just being able to equip a ring like in the previous version.

Nimbous

Nimbous

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to post #7925396. #7926690 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks so much guy, but I've put the files in data folder and I started the game, and my NPC continues to jet around... What's the matter? Do I re-use FNIS? Do I remove the spell and re-learn it?

uglykidcid

uglykidcid

Darth Cid

• Premium Member
  • 1,195 posts
This mod worked for me before but now with a new game everytime I hit the fly spell i get a messsage "sorry you don't have dragon souls to spend." I know it's not an upgrade problem because I started a new game with 085 I went back to Version 080 and everything works fine. I could not find any conflicts. So I read back a few posts and I foudn that you are supposed to use a dragon soul every single time you fly? Are you serious? It takes me almost an hour to kill a dragon and you want me to do that everytime I hit the fly button? I can see using a dragon soul to unlock the power but not every single time I fly. The current update works fine other then that but please remove the Dragon Soul requirement.

Edited by uglykidcid, 29 April 2013 - 03:28 AM.

porroone

porroone

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

In response to post #7925396.

After thoroughly testing it last night I did run into a problem with the speed which caused my player to become extremely slow. I had to transform into a werewolf and back to human form to fix the speed. Is it possible you could create a script that resets the speed of the player back to normal after each landing? I'm not sure how this would be done, but there is still a speed issue unfortunately. And in first person mode while flying it sounds like I'm running on the ground if I'm going fast and walking on the ground if going slow. Can this be fixed? I think your mod may be a little too ambitious. Seems like you should simplify it by just making a script that toggles TCL on when going into flight and TCL off when landing or just rework the speed by only offering the normal DEFAULT speed for everyone. I think you'll have a more stable product if it's just a little less ambitious without all the bells and whistles. Of course the animations should stay as they give the player the appearance their avatar is flying. But all ....

Well my mod is stable for most of the people, otherwise I would get more than 6 or 7 person complaining about it, what I cant predict is what other mods do to the speed, so I guess you will have to pick which one you want to use. Even so there arent much people complaining, I do fix the errors. Also the error refering to speed doesnt have to do with any of the extras, like collisions or even the speed multiplier, it has to do with other mods interacting with it somehow. Collisions, speed multiplier, even stamina consumption arent a big part of the code. Animations are, combat is, the things you can set in the config menu arent.

So I could go back to the translate method, which was before 0.7 and people would complain about other things, which they complained before. Actually this is one of the version that got less complains by people even when a lot of people dl it.

BUG: theres a bug where I get teleported to throat of the world read the scroll but it my guy just stands there I have skse and force idles. can you make a version where you don't have to read an elderscroll just fly

Already got that fixed on my client, expect an update soon.

rcd1976

rcd1976

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 925 posts
What would cause dragon souls to be consumed when using the flight spell? I didn't read anything about that in the description. If it's a glitch it's a strange one but I have read on this thread how it happened to someone else ( although their post was never replied to). I'm still getting the sticky movement bug ( aka speed bug) but I'm wondering if that's a conflict with the MCM Athletics mod. Also when I fly in first person mode it sounds like I'm running. Has anybody been using the ring version of this mod lately? I found that one worked better for me. This is a pretty complicated mod I imagine so i don't expect it will play nice with a lot of other mods out there so I'm guessing that a lot of the issues people are having are compatibility issues.

groupthinker1984

groupthinker1984

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #7925396. #7926690, #7933661 are all replies on the same post.

You probably have to go back to before you first used the broken version of the mod and start from there.

Page loaded in: 1.166 seconds