Skyrim will crash at load screen.

EngieTan

I downloaded the SKSE files and moved them into my Skyrim folder. Skyrim would start but then it would crash at the load screen. I went to my steam library and clicked Verify Integrity Of Game Cache, after that was done it would still crash at the load screen. I moved files out and in for any chance of success but it crashes the same way. I have changed my sound to 16 bit, 44100 Hz and still Skyrim crashes.

I have attached a picture of my desktop showing my Skyrim folder and mods.

Now I have the new update of NMM 0.17.1 and I still have the same problem.

Edited by EngieTan

I downloaded the SKSE files and moved them into my Skyrim folder. Skyrim would start but then it would crash at the load screen. I went to my steam library and clicked Verify Integrity Of Game Cache, after that was done it would still crash at the load screen. I moved files out and in for any chance of success but it crashes the same way. I have changed my sound to 16 bit, 44100 Hz and still Skyrim crashes.

I have attached a picture of my desktop showing my Skyrim folder and mods.

Now I have the new update of NMM 0.17.1 and I still have the same problem.

'fraid it's the same case with me. I installed NMM and only a handful of mods and all of them cause my Skyrim to crash on the load screen of a saved game file. I can't even create a new game. It will give me several error messages about different files then the game will "freeze" (the animation continues at the home screen, but nothing else will happen).

I had the same problem, though I can fix it by uninstalling and deactivating any house mods or other mods that add new locations or areas to the game. Disable those and see if you have any luck.

I'm kinda bothered by this solution myself still though, seems often mods with new locations or areas are the most exciting and offer the most content, so I hate having to avoid them.

@Engietan-you have two skse dll files loaded, the new version and a previous version. Delete all the skse files and logs first and then install the latest version of skse. Copy and paste with an overwrite is not the best way to install files.

Things to check:

First, check the file integrity in Steam and see if it need to be defragged.

Are you patched to the latest version/update for Skyrim?

Check your sound card settings. It is recommended 24 bit, 44Hz be used or 16 bit, 41K Hz, but you may have to experiment a bit to see if changing this setting helps.

Try turning off all anti-aliasing.

What video settings did you change? Go back and set video to "default".

Check your anti-virus settings - passive or disabled may be required.

What ini tweaks did you do? Go back and set them to their original settings. Some mods call for ini settings and this can be a problem.

CTDs at the load screen are because Skyrim is looking for something or some setting and can't find it so it stops working. This is usually because whatever it is looking for was changed or is corrupt.

Last resort, uninstall, clean the registry, reinstall.