Followers Won't go home

worldofscotty

Had the same problem, except she would follow me all the time even after I've dismissed her. She would only leave if I'd get another follower. Removed that mod. Installed Amazing Follower Tweaks. I haven't fully tested it cause it has A LOT of features. Looks very promising though. Your followers can mount horses, can turn into warewolves. You can teach them spells. You can order them to sleep, so when you're a vampire you can have your own "familiar" to snack on. It's much more expansive than UFO. Edited by PsxMeUP

That's what I was using. I think it's kinda buggy though.

A few times I have ended up stuck in rooms and the only way out is to release all followers who then wont walk home and just get stuck in the room.

They even moved in there and started paying rent. When I tried to go in during the day when the owners were out to rescue them I had to lockpick the front door. All 3 followers were naked and screaming at me cause I was not supposed to be there.

In the end I remembered the silly bug where you speak to someone then run out the door and they come out to finish the sentence. I did this for each and they were fine outside. I had to fast travel each one separately to Whiterun though before they would walk home when I released them.

They are all still naked though and only put clothes on when I hire them. I give up :<

• 5 months later...

Like the title says.

I am using UFO and my followers won't go home when I release them. Lydia has been standing in Solitude for about a week now.

I removed UFO as well but they all just stand there.

I had problems with Lydia not going home as well, she just stood still near the farm outside of Markath. I later returned to Breezehome and slept in my bed, and she mysteriously arrived when I got up.

• 4 weeks later...
Same here... I use UFO and even after uninstall all my followers, except at least Faendal, seem to wait wherever I dismiss them. Cicero is chillin' in the house. If I have to hear that bard line one more time... ugh... Help anyone? Edited by camroxalot

You have to uninstall UFO properly. It's a picky mod to install correctly in the first place - thats why I went to aft myself, but it is a good mod l think. If i remember correctly, the author has instructions for uninstalling UFO on the main page & in the readme. Last time l checked it involved talking to a torchbug fairy in Riverwood to stop npcs from being naked & shut the mod down before actually removing it.

If the naked issue doesn't get fixed though, you can fix it ingame I believe by targeting the npc and hitting ` (to oopen console), right beside the 1 key on most keyboards, and typing 'reset inventory' & 'reset ai' depending on the bug. (l can't remember if theres a space between the words or not. you'll have to experiment.)

Resetting ai will often fix a follower that's gotten stuck in an area adn won't follow your commands or move or what have you, but it also helps with bugged npcs.

Hope this helps. :)

• 3 years later...

I seem to be having a similar problem. I have a mod which enables marriage to most NPC's and so I married Adrianne Avenicci, however, she now just stands on the bed of the master bedroom, except at night, then she sleeps. I did move the family but all that's done is make it so she will act like she isn't following but it still has her as a follower, and she doesn't actually follow me. I've tried dismissing her, but to no avail, she just says she'll return home, despite being at the home. May be important to say the house I live in is Azura's Dawn Mansion, which is a mod.

Also, I've noticed many people are saying it's UFO causing it, but I don't use it and it's still happening to me. Could it be a problem with AFT as well.

Edit: Have since fixed the glitch. If it occurs using AFT, move AFT to the bottom of the load order. The followers should be able to follow and be dismissed. May work with UFO as well, though I haven't tried it, you should do some research on moving UFO in the move order in case it causes the game to crash instead.

Edited by Jrr1011