TESNexus split in to Morrowind Nexus and Oblivion Nexus, NMM support i

Dark0ne

Over the past month we’ve been working on getting the first game, of the first Nexus site, supported within our Nexus Mod Manager. Morrowind was where it all started for the Nexus, and all the sites dating back before it to 2001 so getting Morrowind mods supported in NMM seemed the right and proper thing to do. To better accommodate this change, and also to finally reduce the clutter on the site, TESNexus has now been split in to two independent Nexus sites for Morrowind and Oblivion.

Having Morrowind and Oblivion mods together on one site has been like planting two trees too close together; both have fought for the light and gotten in the way of each other. By splitting the two sites the browsing experience for users looking for Morrowind and Oblivion mods should be that much better.

The split should have been as non-destructive as possible. Hopefully (and fingers crossed on this one!) all the Morrowind mods should now be found on Morrowind Nexus and all the Oblivion mods should be found on Oblivion Nexus, complete with all their files, images and comments. The only “casualty” is that the Image Share cannot be so easily split, so the Morrowind image share is currently completely bare. Hopefully that won’t be the case for long. The Oblivion Nexus image share has not lost any images.

NMM support for Morrowind should be rolled out very soon, hopefully within the next 24 hours so NMM will get a new update, which should also contain a couple of bug fixes. In the mean time you might find the “Download with Manager” buttons don’t work on Oblivion Nexus with the current NMM version. If that’s the case, please be patient and wait for the update which should fix this issue for you.

If you think I’ve missed anything or you’re noticing any bugs with the two sites please let me know. Happy modding!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any plans on splitting Dragon Age O/II?

It might not have as many files (it most definitely doesn't) but it's kinda the same problem.

Besides, new nexus site seems to crop up all the time so it doesn't seem like it would be the difficult (just work with moving files i guess).