TESNexus split in to Morrowind Nexus and Oblivion Nexus, NMM support i

Dark0ne

Been waiting for this for a long time, THANK YOU!!!

Couple of bug reports:

You need to fix the links in the "Nexus Network" menu in the upper right corner of all the nexus sites.

Are you sure you want tes.nexusmods.com to be a dead link now? Seems like a bad idea. Why not just a redirect like you did with tesnexus.com?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't mind the objective of the split, the handling of the name forwarding was completely ignored/dropped.

If you want this split, then links like

tes.nexus.com/xxx=12356

should be redirected to the proper site -- since MANY other sites -even comments and descriptions of mods on this site have the old address in the comments/readme...etc.

This is going to cause alot of people thinking how flakey this community is when so many links are bad and broken -- if they figure out that it could have been prevented -- and the old

addresses could either tell them to retype the address with 'morrorwind or oblivion', OR could just redirect to the appropriate subsite based on the content (presumably, in splitting, you know which mods went to which sub-site, so you could make things easiest on users by having 'tes' be a permanent forwarder to the correct site -- automatically --- or be a message page telling them what the new address is and what they should type in the addr bar to correct it...

I'm neutral about the split from a content management point (I found them interesting as much as a bother... so neutral), but from a tech-management point of view... it can really be made alot smoother for the many addrs out there that reference the old site.

It took me almost an hour before I found this note/comment -- I looked in the forums first -- and finally posted a comment in the oblivion forum .. putting the comment on the page you

need to know the new address for 'oblivion' is a bit of a recursive-NP-impossible problem,

as you have to already know the new information to read about the new change (but if you know, you don't need to read it... um....*hi*!!) ;-)

The main page www.nexusmods.com still points to tes.nexusmods.com for oblivion. Was checking that the past while to see if the split was done yet. Finally decided to check the MW link instead, which led me to the correct address. Hope the redirect will work soon so more people won't get confused.

As for the split, very nice. Might help people understand better where each of the TES games goes. I just hope that old links still work when all the kinks are out.