TESNexus split in to Morrowind Nexus and Oblivion Nexus, NMM support i

Dark0ne

The old site is not redirecting. After getting 404 errors (server not found) for several hours, I went to google to find news about why tes nexus is down (did they go bankrupt or are having a serious network problem). I did a search for TESNEXUS, got a 404 on the first link, clicked the 2nd link (Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community), and from there found the Oblivion site. Non of my numerous saved links to Oblivion mods and the main categories page work.

The point of this post is that it is not easy to find out what happened and find the new site. I stumbled my way to it. You, undoubtedly have left many users dumbfounded as to what to do, as they get 404 errors for all of their links.

You should have a page that works for links to the old domain and explains the split and provides links to the new sites. It will take google (et al) some time to update their links.

Thanks.

Edited by GamerRick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, in my region, or for my ISP, the DNS servers have updated successfully as of now. "tes.nexusmods.com" as well as the old "tesnexus.com" I was still using up to now are getting redirected correctly to "oblivion.nexusmods.com".

I noticed a few missing images and some Morrowind mods showing up in the Latest Files on the Oblivion front page, but the links are going to the correct Morrowind Nexus site, so I'm convinced this will also settle soon, just a database query filter to change or something.

For a change to the network of this complexity it was done really quickly and without many hurdles (apart from the usual DNS delays from our ISPs). Great job!

(As a sidenote, if it's a 302 Redirect, google and similar search engines will have updated their index in no time.)

Edited by DrakeTheDragon