CTD when loading or starting a new game

derbeni95

The titles says what my problem is. When I load a game, it CTDs, and when I start a new game, it tells me:

[WETriggerScript < / 010D13EA)>]WARNING:

OnInit() myHoldLocation property has not been set,

this will result in errors.

It gives me this message three times with different numbers in the <>, then it only shows me the main menu screen without the menu points (so it is only the black background with the mist and the Skyrim logo)

I have quite a lot mods installed, but this error only occured after I installed the latest ones. These were:

-Better Swimming

-Caos Quest for Goldbrand

-crafteable and moveable bedroll

-enhanced distant terrain (only updated)

-expanded Winterhold Ruins

-Farm Life

-Hypothermia (only updated)

-Immersive Patrols

-Realistic Children

-Secret Prayers

-Sleeping and Fast Travel Dangers

I uninstalled them afterwards, but it is still the same. I also noticed that this happened when I installed the latest version of the NMM.

If you need a log, you have to tell me where to find it, because I couldn't find any (if there is one at all).

Thanks in advance. :)

I have heard that installing the CK has resolved this error for some people.

If you have the CK installed, then the advice offered by Bethseda is to go back to a save before the error occurred.

Apparently, the error is the result of corrupted saves which can occur by installing/uninstalling mods, using fast save and perhaps by not holding your mouth correctly when playing.

If the problem is occurring with a new game, then the uninstall did not clear everything. These pages may help do a clean install.

http://howto-uninstall.windowsuninstaller.org/how-to-uninstall-skyrim-skyrim-removal-guide/

http://uninstall-guides.specialuninstaller.com/uninstall-skyrim-remove-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

Also look under users/"yourusername"/appdata/local/skyrim\plugins and open the plugins text file and see if two (2) skyrim.esm files are listed. If yes, delete one (1). This may also work.

Edited by Tidus44

I have heard that installing the CK has resolved this error for some people.

If you have the CK installed, then the advice offered by Bethseda is to go back to a save before the error occurred.

Apparently, the error is the result of corrupted saves which can occur by installing/uninstalling mods, using fast save and perhaps by not holding your mouth correctly when playing.

If the problem is occurring with a new game, then the uninstall did not clear everything. These pages may help do a clean install.

http://howto-uninstall.windowsuninstaller.org/how-to-uninstall-skyrim-skyrim-removal-guide/

http://uninstall-guides.specialuninstaller.com/uninstall-skyrim-remove-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

Also look under users/"yourusername"/appdata/local/skyrim\plugins and open the plugins text file and see if two (2) skyrim.esm files are listed. If yes, delete one (1). This may also work.

Every time a mod is changed through NMM two Skyrim.esm files become listed. Have to remove one every time something gets changed. Not sure what causes this..maybe the recent update of the manager?..

• 3 weeks later...
Hey in case anyone encounters any such problems like this again I may be able to help out, was stuck for a few days trying to get this to work so I decided Id repatch the game. I downloaded patch 1.1 off tpb and installed into my directory this fixed it right away I then updated back to 1.5 and all is good again :) Hope this has helped anyone if not, sorry :(

Thank you very much, this worked for me!

Unfortunately I deleted all of my mods because I thought this could fix the problem (for sure it didn't). I'll try to reinstall them, hope that the error will not come back... Otherwise there's no solution and I have to delete one .esm file after every mod install? : /

Edited by abe150

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tidus... I was nearly in tears, been trying everything to get my Skyrim working again. I found 2 Skyrim.esm's, deleted 1 and all works again. Now just too reinstall all my mods again.

Guys if you're getting these CTD's and the message "WET Triggerscript etc.etc." try this, it works!

• 1 month later...

+1 thank-you that worked for me. there were two skyrim.esm entries in the file.

One of the mods I installed via NMM must have done it, my game saves were not affected. :thumbsup:

This happened to me for no real reason it seems, all my saves refused to load and I couldn't start a new game. After re-installing the same thing happened, so I deleted all my saves, that's when I got that same script error on new game - then I found this topic.. It's very odd, I had this occur without the use of many mods. I had two skyrim.esm references in loadorder.txt and plugin.txt, deleting them solved the problem. I was able to use my saves again so that wasn't the problem. You mention it could be related to fast saves, hmm I wonder if I pressed that accidentally while using Fraps (though I think it was configured to the same key as fast load not save).

I can't seem to find this plugin.txt file mentioned in this thread. Is the folder its within located in Steam or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the files, deleted the mentions, and they worked!

Edited by Riga92