For people with WETriggerScript error

danny310

I was searching the web and finally came across a solution. Its not permanent but it works. In appdata/local/skyrim there is a file named plugins.txt. the problem for me was that there were 2 skyrim.esm listed in plugins.txt. All i did was delete one so that there is only one skyrim.esm. Every time i restart Boss or NMM another skyrim.esm would be added to plugins.txt. I made plugins.txt read only for now but is this a problem with Boss or NMM? Edited by danny310

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was searching the web and finally came across a solution. Its not permanent but it works. In appdata/local/skyrim there is a file named plugins.txt. the problem for me was that there were 2 skyrim.esm listed in plugins.txt. All i did was delete one so that there is only one skyrim.esm. Every time i restart Boss or NMM another skyrim.esm would be added to plugins.txt. I made plugins.txt read only for now but is this a problem with Boss or NMM?

You are my personal Hero! Thanks.

*edit* Oh and yes, its the NMM. Since the last update it sets two skyrim.sem entries in the plungins.txt.

Edited by starhorst

Thank you, Danny. It works like a charm. One thing I noticed the extra skyrim.sem is added each time you activate or deactivate a mod. So far, NMM hasn't added another skyrim.sem if I don't add or delete a mod. I haven't change the file to read only. Again, thanks Danny.

Thank you!!! This fixed my CTDs I was having even after reinstalling Skyrim and trying to start a new game with no mods installed. The NMM authors need to be alerted of this bug. Edited by jb0nez

I am getting the same issue - except the message comes up before I can get into the game. Most annoying - Hope you fix this soon Nexus!! I wait with baited breath - SIGH

Just follow the above instructions. Remove the second skyrim.esm line and the updates.esm line from plugins.txt. Keep in mind that each time you add a mod you have to repeat this.

I found another fix!

After reinstalling everything clean I could still not find a solution. I have uninstalled and deleted and then reinstalled skyrim, steam, and nexus mod manager. I do not have the plugins.txt (probably since I have no mods installed yet). With everything updated with the latest patches, skyrim still crashes to desktop when loading saves and many error messages containing WETriggerScript location problems when creating a new game.

I found a fix using nexus mod manager under the tools/setting icon, select RESET ARCHIVE INVALIDATION

I also install a basic mod (rag doll fix) - probably not reverent to the fix

ran the game with no problems. (haven't fully tested completely by loading all my saves yet but seems to work!)

I tried all this, but nothing helps. I still get the wetrigger and crash to desktop. Its so annoying. I cant play Skyrim now at all. Anyone has some other idea how to fix this? Thanks guys.

P.S. I never had plugins.ini in my folder. So i even created one, but nothing changed.

Edited by malkav17

• 4 weeks later...

I tried all this, but nothing helps. I still get the wetrigger and crash to desktop. Its so annoying. I cant play Skyrim now at all. Anyone has some other idea how to fix this? Thanks guys.

P.S. I never had plugins.ini in my folder. So i even created one, but nothing changed.

Not sure if this is the case but you may be going into the wrong folder, I know I did the first couple of times I looked for the Plugin.txt. Be sure to go into C>Users>(your user name)>Appdata>Local>Skyrim, the file is a text file named Plugin (not displayed as Plugin.txt). I was looking in the the program files first and it's not there but found it under User folder.

Edited by gradylile66