For people with WETriggerScript error

danny310

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my solution. I keep a shortcut on my desktop to the plugins file. Every time I install a new mod I just open the plugins.txt via the shortcut and remove the offending instance of skyrim.exe. Minor annoyance but it works.

This error happened to me about 2months ago. I searched everywhere for an answer and eventually gave up on this game.

I thought I might have another crack to see if I could get it working. I followed the directions above and the game now appears to be stable. I couldnt find the appdata/local/skyrim folder but instead simply unclicked the update.esm option in NMM. I cannot believe the answer was right there the whole time. I literally spent weeks trying to find a solution to this.

Thank you so much for the solution. An enormous chunk of good Karma coming your way guys.

Damn it. Its back.

I added Deadly Dragons mod and the error has returned.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: After running a search for all plugin.txt files I eventually found the one pertaining to skyrim. As described an extra skyrim.esm file is noted on it. Deleting this line fixes the problem. Yay!

Edited by papamike

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who can't find the folder. For all windows it's a hidden folder. You must go to control panel, folder options, then check view hidden files and folders. This is the location of the plugin.txt in windows 7, not sure if it's any different with other OSes.

I can confirm the plugin.txt fix does work.