For people with WETriggerScript error

danny310

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally fixed the error definitely, I think.

You have to manually delete the plugins.txt archive. This will cause all your mods (.esp and .esm, including skyrim.esm) to be deactivated. You must now open the launcher, which will generate a new plugins.txt, fixed. Finally, you have to manually activate your mods and .esm and .esp again. I did it on the Nexus Mod Manager, not on the launcher, but it should be the same.

Now when you activate a mod it no longer adds a skyrim.esm. In fact, in plugins.txt, skyrim.esm is not on the list. But it works and is activated.

• 5 months later...

I tried all this, but nothing helps. I still get the wetrigger and crash to desktop. Its so annoying. I cant play Skyrim now at all. Anyone has some other idea how to fix this? Thanks guys.

P.S. I never had plugins.ini in my folder. So i even created one, but nothing changed.

Not sure if this is the case but you may be going into the wrong folder, I know I did the first couple of times I looked for the Plugin.txt. Be sure to go into C>Users>(your user name)>Appdata>Local>Skyrim, the file is a text file named Plugin (not displayed as Plugin.txt). I was looking in the the program files first and it's not there but found it under User folder.

My blade is yours. Lifesaver.

• 2 weeks later...