By now I have FOUR quests that I can't continue becaus some part of the next stage simply isnt triggered:
1) Companion quest "Silver Hand": I go to Skjor, he tells me to meet him at night in front of the Companion catacombs (where I will become a werewolf).... but he never shows! Instead, after I talked to him and started the quest, he simply stands around in the Companions Hall doing nothing, not even walking around.
2) "The Cursed Tribe": I'm supposed to help the Clan Chief Yamarz kill a giant and get its weapon to appease their God, Malacath. Basically I follow him through several caves until we arrive at the final stage where we should fight the giant... and Yamarz simply vanished! (this is doubly frustrating bc i cant leave the bloody cave)
3) Thief Quest: In Riften I must plant a stolen gem in some guys house. I plant the gem but the quest doesnt get updated accordingly.
4) Whiterun quest: a fugitive Redguard woman. I'm to talk to an imprisoned redguard and pay his fine in order to get some info. I pay a guard, but he never gives me the option to free the prisoner, and the quest ist stuck.
What I tried to solve this:
1) no clue what to do
2) "player.moveto 0003BC26" (the npc_id of Yamarz), console didnt recognize his id
"resurrect 0003BC26" same problem
(where do I find npc IDs?)
3) no clue what to do
4) choose a different path, instead of helping the refugee i ratted her out to the people who pursue her. I havent finished the quest yet so I dont know if this'll help
EDIT: chose the alternative solution to the redguard quest and finished it that way.
Edited by mensch8maschine, 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM.