Maharg67's Den (shorter works, short stories, poetry, etc.)

Maharg67

:dance: :yes: :smile: :yes: :dance:

I have decided that Zippy Zip-A-Long has reached a point of being too large and unwieldy but will continue it for some time unless matters change. Maharg67's Den will replace it eventually unless people really want Zippy Zip-A-Long to continue. Folks, I need feedback, folks!

Here will go poetry, shorter fanfic stories, stories, essays etc.

In this first post will be placed, in future, notes of various kinds.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambling Rave On #1

Maharg67: Is not beauty every where and in everything?

Other: "No, beauty is only in those places and things that fulfil the exact right requirements otherwise just anybody, anything, any place could claim to be beautiful? That would not do at all. How could one country claim to be more beautiful than others, one person claim to be more beautiful than others, one painting be proclaimed as being more beautiful than others? Celebrate the beautiful and throw the ugly aside for it has no real value."

Maharg67: "How much sadness is reflected in the eyes of those who are neglected, judged, treated as second rate and given less opportunities because they are seen as 'ugly'? How many are wounded by this treatment? At least an ugly plant does not care what we think of it or is that true at all? Yet do we not also damage that which we put onto pedestals like women who are proclaimed to be 'sex symbols' of their time or particular flowers or painting or other that are supposed to represent beauty?

Other: "Are you not beautiful enough? Then try to look more so or hang around beautiful people and things in hope of looking more beautiful with them."

Maharg67: "I write this not because I am certain but because I am still seeking answers. Yes, beauty really is more than skin deep! Beauty really is in the idea of the beholder! Beauty is biased and not always fair or harmless! Or so I am starting to think. to feel!"

Edited by Maharg67

Warning Warning Warning!

Overwhelming attack of super cuteness!

Adorable babies, so many adorable babies!

What can I do but get all sappy?

Babies are just so wonderful!

Edited by Maharg67

If I ran around with a sword, like Conan the Barbarian did, the local police would arrest me!

Also I would not look half as impressive as he did back when he was acted by a body builder!

Arnie grew older, put away his sword, and became Governor of California of the good old USA!

Who would have predicted that would happen?

Edited by Maharg67

Stopping, Just Stopping!

Now and then,

I just stop doing what I normally do

I just stop thinking what I normally think

I just stop feeling what I normally feel

and gain, briefly, a different perspective on

... my life

... my world

... my awareness of...

And I try, in a sense, to start all over again!

Edited by Maharg67

Rambling Rave On #2

Maharg67: "You ever get the feeling you are being watched? I feel like that right now!"

Other: "Perhaps that is because I am watching you right now!"

Maharg67: "Oh, okay, well that explains that!"

Edited by Maharg67

:laugh: :cool: :devil: :laugh: :cool:

WASTELANDS SURVIVAL 101 #1

Surviving in the Wastelands is having access to at least reasonable quality water, nourishment, medicine, safety, security. That is access in enough quantity-quality to ensure survival. Good luck, though, because the Wastelands are full of 200+ year old packaged radioactive gunk. Most of the rest of the food, drink, aint much better.

Edited by Maharg67

:geek: :happy: :huh: :kiss: :smile:

WASTELANDS SURVIVAL 101 #2

Don't get bitten by something very big and very nasty with big long nasty teeth and dripping toxic acid drool, not to mention incredibly bad breath.

Edited by Maharg67

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

WASTELANDS SURVIVAL 101 #3

Silent and deadly farting, in the Wastelands, is not so bad because with all the horrible smells already there, nobody will notice. Farting horribly, while wearing power armour, is not recommended.

Edited by Maharg67

Watch this space!

Why?

I do not know!

Edited by Maharg67