how to use xbox 360 controller & keyboard+mouse at the same time

mensch8maschine

Hi!

I was wondering, is it possible to use both at the same time?

I'm playing with the controller, and the keyboard and mouse work in certain specific situations (like naming enchanted items), but thats not the case with SkyUI or the Categorized Favorites Menu (which are both pretty awesome). for example, i cant use the search function in SkyUI, and i cant group favorites in CFM for hotkeys without keyboard functionality.

any ideas?

I occasionally use the 360 controller while playing too sometimes.....what I do is when I need to switch to the keyboard, I just pull out the batter pack of the controller to disable it...skyrim will automatically switch over control to keyboard and mouse. When your done, you can just turn the controller back on. This is a temporary fix, but I am in the process of finding a way to have them both enabled at the same time.....thats the best I can do right now....

I occasionally use the 360 controller while playing too sometimes.....what I do is when I need to switch to the keyboard, I just pull out the batter pack of the controller to disable it...skyrim will automatically switch over control to keyboard and mouse. When your done, you can just turn the controller back on. This is a temporary fix, but I am in the process of finding a way to have them both enabled at the same time.....thats the best I can do right now....

haha! thats an excellent + uncomplicated temporary solution, love it! (hope nothing breaks)

i'll try that next, and maybe when you find a more sophisticated solution, let me know :)

This is pretty high in the search results when I was googling, so I thought I'd post a solution for people looking.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=385

This gives you the 8 hotkeys on the dpad and changes as little as possible.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=310

Allows hotkeys 1-8 in the favorites menu to be used from the keyboard while using an Xbox 360 controller with Skyrim. The keyboard key for shout is also enabled.

This is for keyboard use, obviously, but I think it's relevant.

Edited by Reaa

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but since this is still pretty high in the search results, I thought I'd throw in a link to a more recent "mod"/controlmap.txt "hack":

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30913

You should be able to fully use keyboard, mouse, and control pad at the same time with this little change. I will be testing shortly. :)

• 8 months later...

Shameless thread resurrect:

I just started digging for this subject, so if there are other latre-comers like me, this mod seems to be the best working one

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/310/?

The rest have long lists of complaints and no author support.