Photo

What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Old Fox

Old Fox

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 8 posts

For me it was Zork 1 &  2, Dungeon Master on the Atari, and Descent 1 & 2.

FinalHazard

FinalHazard

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

It started with games like Pokemon, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana....the list goes on. 16 bit at its finest.

And after that, Blizzard carved my life. How much time can you spent  on Diablo 2, Starcraft and World of Warcraft?

More then you actually have. But my gaming "addiction" faded away due to the fact that most games nowadays are low quality.

Nowadays i play Skyrim and League of Legends.

Jeza123c

Jeza123c

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Rainbow Six 1 1998 and Operation Flashpoint 2001 my end, tactical shooter junkie and never stopped since!

insulfrog

insulfrog

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have started my computer gaming as far back as I remember was the Commodore Plus 4 back in 1986 with games such as Megabolt, Fire Ant and Panic Penguin.  This was the time with no GUI desktop but the operating system was all command based called 'Commodore Basic' and all games came on tape cassette and you talk of system specs in bytes and hertz (before kilo). The one we got came with no mouse but had a joystick. Oh man, this is showing my age now :P 

TheMastersSon

TheMastersSon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Definitely Zork, played after hours (usually middle of the night) on Data General Nova and Eclipse minis.

>You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike. :)

Ethreon

Ethreon

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Definitely Starcraft and it's following, Broodwar. Then I played Siege of Avalon which opened my appetite for the RPGs. Then Fallout nation attacked and everything changed.

hoofhearted4

hoofhearted4

I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

The game I was first addicted to was StarCraft Brood War. however my gaming addiction didnt come until several years later, when I was able to actually buy my own games. Dynasty Warriors 4 on the PS2 was definitely a game I was addicted to, and one of the first games I bought that I was addicted to and from there it sort of branched off when, as i said, I was able to buy my own games. Even With DW4, which i bought, i only bought it after saving up money. When my PS3 came into play, I had a job with regular income, and could buy games at a regular pace. it is here that I would say my gaming addiction flourished. First Game I'd say i was addicted to on PS3 (and hence the first game I became addicted to when i started this era of self fueled gaming addiction) was Resistance 2.

so SC:BW first game I was ever addicted to

DW4 first game i purchased I was addicted to

Resistance 2 first game I purchased when I was finally able to fuel my gaming addiction at will (and where i would consider my gaming addiction started)

JaiRP

JaiRP

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

The Last Ninja II (C64) - such a gorgeous game for its era (8-bit / 1988).

It's pixel perfect jumps were easily forgiven and even with (I think) only 3 channel sound, the music was outstanding.

Page loaded in: 1.041 seconds