What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started with games like Pokemon, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana....the list goes on. 16 bit at its finest.

And after that, Blizzard carved my life. How much time can you spent on Diablo 2, Starcraft and World of Warcraft?

More then you actually have. But my gaming "addiction" faded away due to the fact that most games nowadays are low quality.

Nowadays i play Skyrim and League of Legends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have started my computer gaming as far back as I remember was the Commodore Plus 4 back in 1986 with games such as Megabolt, Fire Ant and Panic Penguin. This was the time with no GUI desktop but the operating system was all command based called 'Commodore Basic' and all games came on tape cassette and you talk of system specs in bytes and hertz (before kilo). The one we got came with no mouse but had a joystick. Oh man, this is showing my age now :p

• 3 weeks later...

The game I was first addicted to was StarCraft Brood War. however my gaming addiction didnt come until several years later, when I was able to actually buy my own games. Dynasty Warriors 4 on the PS2 was definitely a game I was addicted to, and one of the first games I bought that I was addicted to and from there it sort of branched off when, as i said, I was able to buy my own games. Even With DW4, which i bought, i only bought it after saving up money. When my PS3 came into play, I had a job with regular income, and could buy games at a regular pace. it is here that I would say my gaming addiction flourished. First Game I'd say i was addicted to on PS3 (and hence the first game I became addicted to when i started this era of self fueled gaming addiction) was Resistance 2.

so SC:BW first game I was ever addicted to

DW4 first game i purchased I was addicted to

Resistance 2 first game I purchased when I was finally able to fuel my gaming addiction at will (and where i would consider my gaming addiction started)

The Last Ninja II (C64) - such a gorgeous game for its era (8-bit / 1988).

It's pixel perfect jumps were easily forgiven and even with (I think) only 3 channel sound, the music was outstanding.

• 5 months later...

I'd put it down to Final Fantasy 7. Before then, I played lots of games, but took breaks. FF7 was the first game that had me completely hooked and more aware of what could be done in games and how easy it was to lose hours, and playing until ungodly hours in the morning...

Edited by OlafHelmsborg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't have my first PC with games will two years ago, so I played a lot of the console games. Though what I would have to say started my gaming addiction would probably be Kingdom Hearts. The story alone to a 7 year old is compelling enough to stick around. I remember being really enthusiastic about saving the Kairi so much so I once yelled at my sister about taking to long on her turn on the PS2 because Kairi was in trouble and needed help xD

But yeah, after that I started to realize what kind of things story based games held. The adventure, the different world, a way to escape the monotony of everyday life, and that game is what kick started it!