1. 1. Is this a Good idea or Bad idea?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Good, Although... (Comment)
    • Bad, But... (Comment)
    • I would like to take this up!
    • I will have to pass.
    • No opinion

...You know? Bethesda had the right idea after all. Although it as distributed... Incomplete. Unless they want us to add the feature's to it, I think Battlehorn can use a LOAD of Upgrades. Nothing done in Seconds-- No, Something done one at a time. ensure maximum quality done at a developer's leisure~

Im going to run down a list of, in my Opinion, what need's to be done. Im going to come back now and then and make new addition's to the list, So keep your eye's peeled.

Several rules though:

1). Im not going to do it, so its up for anyone to grab. So if anyway wants to or does not want to credit the idea to me. Thats fine. As long as i get to play it.

2). Let's try this without sexual theme's. Im hoping to command a castle and kingdom without looking at a phallic, Oversized pair of breasts and finding myself comfortable on both "thrones". [ba-dum Tish)

3). Idea's are welcome. But i noticed lately people need to add more details and try to explain an Idea to get developer's who "might" be interested in this. So far they wont do it if you, Say,"Need moar Soldier" ... Heck no. There can be a list of more information needed. Like what? Lemme give a few examples. What kind of soldier? Faction? Race? Equipment? Profession? etc.

Alright, Here we go.

====THE LIST====

A - Alright, Ill be making documentary explanations as we go. The First on the List is - Our soldier's need to do more then... Ahem, "Protect" the Inner and outer city walls, and daddle waddle around the halls, corridor's and such. Why not send them out to location's only you have discovered to explore and retrieve anything there? Let's expand upon the idea.

- Soldier's are pretty much the tank's. A Good defense, is a GREAT Offense. What would give the soldier's more to do is to explore dungeon's, Cities and their secret's. And Maybe aimlessly wander a certain location to see if more can be found.

- As you send them out on Raid's, Hunt's and such, There is a convenient placed chest where they place ANY of their found good's into. So, you know, they will not just run up to you and say "Hey! I found all this" And cause ya to be overweight as they pour it into your lap.

- As a Nice Aesthetic, When you send them out exploring, Sometimes you will come across empty chests, Or dead npc's, and maybe even a bit of rubble here and there with some fire all about if you decide to head out and see what they have done in that location where they explored. Can be toggled through a option but gives a nice indication your boys/girls have been there already.

B - Soldier's and Among other hire-able Units such as Mages, Archer's and such, Need to be able to purchase new gear and equipment through funding. Ever found the soldier's you have now in Battlehorn has nothing but Steel? Cant send a soldier like that into just as Battle. What would be nice is that supplying Fund's and some item's to the Captain of the respective guard he is assigned too, Will allow him to outfit his soldier's with better gear. Let us expand upon this idea

- Not only that but you can purchase training Dummies and Target's for them. Over time they will practice on it to increase their skills depending on the weapon's they use, the Armor, Maybe the magic they use.

- You can also, aesthetically, Improve the atmosphere and quality of the barrack's and bed's with fund's. Not only do you want them to be seasoned and top notch, but got the best living quarter's to prove it.

- As you do fund their training, Need's and Place of rest. They may from time to time come out of no where to save you from dire situation's. Or bring you a neat item they just "happen" to find from a enemy who just tried to breach the Castle. Or from their skirmishes and hunts. This show's their appreciation with you.

- You can as well Fund a "Roster" That updates daily, That display's a Unit's Level, Health, stats, and the proficiencies in his profession (Heavy armor, One-handed, etc.) Or a NPC that will let you check up on that Unit's statistic's. Either which, will give you a good indication on a Unit's health and what better situation he or she may be suited for. For Roster's, They are Hung on the wall by the Door to Barracks/Mages quarters/Hunter's Lodge/Assassin's den/Etc. As they get better and if there is any change, as well as new unit's are changed. The Roster will update on the amount of unit's you have in there, their statistic's and what their good at. For the NPC, It could be the Castle Doctor. Look him at for the same need's for the information on your men.

C - Expanding Battlehorn. Not exactly your kingdom with just your men and you behind castle walls. It need's more "life" and a economy going. More life and thriving establishments. Perhaps a small market center as a central trading establishment between kingdoms. Perhaps the normal necessities like other towns have to make yours look like its a actual kingdom. Fighter Guild. Mages guild. Thieves Guild. A Chapel. And adequate amount of homes about. Maybe Farm's, Homes and the like further out from Battlehorn. Let's-- Okay you get it now~

- As your run a kingdom, aint gonna do much if you look like a thriving community all holed up in a lone castle... ... ... In the Middle of no where... all alone with your men. Not even a passing merchant seems to want to stay or come around to peddle his or her wares. Yeah I think I already established the bad feeling of being a small kingdom no one cares about, except the people in it. What would be nice is, Like funding your men for their need's, You can fund for the beginning of construction on expanding your empire.

- In your room is a Ledger, which i forgot to mention, is where you can get most of the work done. It is where you can hire carpenter's to build what and where. As the Carpenter's get to work. The employment pay will NOT be enough. They will need resources on your part. Or Money to buy them on their own. Otherwise-- No building is gonna happen.

- Carpenter's, When hired, Will lounge near the main entrance. All it takes it to find the Head chief to ask for what need's to get done. When you interact with the Chief and select what needs to be built. He will bring up a list of what you like. Once you made your selection, they will get right to work. They will setup a plot where to build. From there they will wait for the needed resources or the money needed. Each time they make a plot of land, they will place a Material Chest next to it. Thats where you can place the thing's they need in order to get working. Or you can talk to the Chief to give him the money.

- A Neat feature would be is that they build where your Marker is. You know that function you have that will let you place a marker waypoint to some location where you think treasure, a unknown place or city might be? The Building mechanism depends entirely on it. Which allows perfect custom building placement. Also, when you talk to them before they start building and still have their Building plot there, they will ask which way the building should be facing. Allowing custom angles. It can either be measured by degree's or by Compass. [North, East, west, South. Etc) So they don't just face a random direction each time. Trust me, when you assign the Marker, Local Map "IS" your best friend and tool to use.

- Same can be done with Farm's and what kind of farm it can be. From Aesthetics like Road pavement, Well's, street lights here and there. And the like. To something beneficial. Like expanding the Barrack/quarter's/Lodges rooms for more hiring or to make it more spacious.

D - Here comes the next one. Hiring. No good making do with your boys/girls alone in operating everything. Gonna need more Men and women to take up residence in the built or soon to be built facilities and to operate the places of business. Or would you like any soul that *does* take interest to just enter a establishment, Grab what they want. And run up to you to get permission to purchase it? Expanding time!

- As you create home's and establishments of business, Your list of occupations increase. So as you hire someone, you can select what you'd like them to do as long as they wish to continue to live in your kingdom. Like say, without any place of Business, Your just hiring like say a "citizen" to just take up residence in your town. If you did prior before employing anyone from the outside. You can assign them to be a Guard, Fighter, Archer, Magic user, etc. When you hire them towards a establishment, you get a wider range of selection. Trust me on this one. a Good example to give anyone a good idea is. "Citizen > Want to hire it to Maintain a Weapon shop > assign it to be the Manager and seller of the product? / Want it to be a Aid that help's around? / Want to hire a Advertiser to travel to other major communities to advertise that specific establishment in your town about the wares you have? Etc. Same goes for farms, When you assign them to a farm, they will ask what you would like grown on their field's.

- As you Hire Citizen's, They will always, pick at random, a Available home that hasn't been taken if you dont assign them a home. Your given the option though to choose that for them. As such they will keep the town lively, and depending on certain ones have a job. They will keep the places of business up and running. While were on places of business. As you fund their shop's and Inn's, They purchase and make available a wider range of merchandise. The wider range or merchandise AND quality, The better visitors you get that show up from other town's, cities and such. (That will be explained, at a later date.)

- It costs a lot or a subtle amount of Gold to hire. But as your community get's bigger, the more money you get from Taxes. Taxes can be set from a high tax rate to no tax rate at all. Depending on the amount of tax set, might get you the best or worst reactions from your people. Some may barge in to demand it to lower it... Or take a Less ethical approach to it by sending someone to kill you for it. Or become a vigilante and dramatically Oppose your position. Dont worry. If ya keep a straight face and a iron fist, You'll indefinitely teach em a lesson. As you do make the tax higher, you can make a more open reason to your people as to "why" you have. They might have a change of heart and work hard to get the money in for you. (Which spares the rebels and assassin's.) Or if your a Cold hearted sadist, then I'm ashamed of you just wanting to make a one-way income and like people suffering. Heh. Dont worry though, your people are essential anyway so their is no permanent death's and littered corpses everywhere.

E - a lot of people have been waiting for me to get to this moment anyhow~ The War aspect of it. Yessiry Bob~ Being able to send troops out, in order to make war, raiding, and yes as discussed in the top of the list: Exploring and hunting. Here we go.

- As you send men out, it'll take a estimate time to get there. Now and them a Mail carrier will drop by now and then to bring you a letter from your troops. Sometimes its the news on their success, failure or situation. (example: Their waiting in someplace in a hidden location, basement or house meant to hide your troops. They need money and supplies to get back on their feet and into battle. Etc.) Most likely they will always be gone for a full day. Depending on their equipment, Number's and what their up against goes into a factor on how long their are gone. What reports you will get and the success or failure of the mission.

- Maybe as a Feature to toggle, You can always set your men to essential or Non-essential. Ill list in anyway incase someone asks, despite it being obvious. If set the essential. They will simply come back home and be rendered unable to do guard duty, go out on another war effort-- Anything for a day or more. They wont die but they will come back. Injured and with little to nothing to bring back. Sometimes with a letter on situation. If set to non-essential -- Thats it. Their dead. Gotta hire a new one. Gotta pay for the funeral first, otherwise the town will frown upon just hiring another when the first dies and you pay no honor or respect for one of your men. However, the Captain is always Essential. Depending on whether you discipline them or praise them for their success, or even if they fail depends on their performance next time. Heck they might not perform as well if scolded too much, Or show some Confidence, Attitude and vigor if given the right amount of praise and excel well.

- As Always, As you make war and depending on how much damage or offerings you cause, Will effect your Rep and Bounty. This is where the good things start. If your reputation with another community, city or town increases. Like say, a Good relationship, they may send their own men in to help yours. If it gets worse, they may send men after YOU and your kingdom. Okay your guards have been walking the halls and walls and anywhere else for long enough. Now they got a reason for it. Now and then, a faction may send a army of variable sizes and capability to siege and destroy you and what you established. You did remember to build walls around your community right? Cant build and maintain anything in a small cramped place like Battlehorn. Remember as you build a bigger community, its a good idea to break down the current walls and expand out. Now thats out of the way. enemy units of variable sizes and capability as well as diversity will make known of their presence. Mostly your men, aid or the Town mail carrier will gain your attention to let you know of whats going on. Keep a ear out. From a wailing war horn to one of your own citizens and men freaking out could warn you ahead of time of the inevitable.

- Don't worry. Even if you completely destroy and dominate a city, town or other form of civilization, It will not effect your quest... ... ... OR maybe. I'd get a lot of things done relative to the places you go first before trying to be the "Ruler of them all." A city, town or such that has been placed under your rule will look demolished and have injured and dead bodies everywhere if you were to lead the effort or go there during the aftermath. Dont worry, your lead Mages will revive the folk, and work in rebuilding the entire kingdom NOW under your rule. People will either fear you or respect you depending how you treat them still, even if their not of Battlehorn. But as a place becomes conquered, tapestry of your kingdom is adorned about the city. What about the supposed ruler of that specific place? Dont worry, He/she is still there. But now they obey your rule. Think of it as simply a working system of Presidents and Mayors. Your the president, They are mayors who now run "YOUR" town/city/etc for you, Though you still can run it how you like. And also Fund whatever ya like in that respective place.

F - Perks (coming soon)

Welp. That is it so Far. There are more but I would like to take the time to think on it. Personally, as being a ruler, you will need a Aide who has all the information you need and can get done the things you want done. Etc. I need more time to think carefully on it.

This is up for Praise, criticism, and as said-- Grabs if any promising Modder or seasoned one is up for the task. I really worry this will rot away anyway for no one to find. So i better keep this backed up on Notepad. Any question's? Suggestions? Changes or improvements?

Good day ya'll, And God bless.

Sincerely,

~Huglarh

Edited by Huglarh