Tab key not working properly

Thespian24

As the title says, I am having problem with my tab key. While in game, it just does not work. However, when I'm not playing, it perfectly works. Do you guys have any fix for this?

EDIT:

I have reinstalled my game and found out that this problem, although I am not really sure, is caused by installing the Nexus Mod Manager. After reinstalling the game, the tab key still works. However, after installing the NMM, it does not work anymore.

FIX: In game, go to the controls configuration. Change "Character Menu" control to its default key, TAB.

I really thought NMM was causing this.

Edited by Thespian24

As the title says, I am having problem with my tab key. While in game, it just does not work. However, when I'm not playing, it perfectly works. Do you guys have any fix for this?

EDIT:

I have reinstalled my game and found out that this problem, although I am not really sure, is caused by installing the Nexus Mod Manager. After reinstalling the game, the tab key still works. However, after installing the NMM, it does not work anymore.

Any fix yet? It seems that the problem really is caused by the Nexus Mod Manager. I've uninstalled it and the tab key actually worked properly. When I installed the NMM back, the problem comes back.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone found a solution for this problem? I just installed Skyrim after not playing for more than a year, and tab doesn't work when I open books (can't close them). Can't fast travel either.....First time I played it everything was fine. :dry:

Anyone found a solution for this problem? I just installed Skyrim after not playing for more than a year, and tab doesn't work when I open books (can't close them). Can't fast travel either.....First time I played it everything was fine. :dry:

Found out how to close books...well not really, but I managed to avoid having to quit the game by teleporting my character to some other town/place. "R" still not working and I can't give my weapons to that wood elf in the Thalmor embassy quest. :pinch: