Bard is not......

Dejavous

Greetings,

I'm creating my own house mod and have placed npc's inside, one is a bard and I can't get him/her to sing. after searching the forums and the creation kit site I can find nothing further to do and need assistance.

I've downloaded the bard mod "not follower bards sing everywhere" I've done the steps in his post, (I think) Bard For Home (Not sure how to mark an internal location I've done the map marker and linked to it)

the bard will interact with me like Sven or any other inn bard and will even do the chat, but stands idle.

Is there step by step tutorial out there I have not found? Is there a script I need to add? please help!!

Did you try to add an ai package for singing? Not sure if all the bards use one, but theres probably one already made in the CK. You will probably have to edit the location for it though.

Most of the in game bards are set to move from house to home or sandboxed in the inn I've tried this and still have the same issue

First make sure your home is flagged as an Inn. In creation kit go to WorldData/Location/ find your home, right click edit it, and under Keywords in that window add "LocTypeInn"

Also, make sure your bard has "JobBardFaction" and BardSingerFaction" under their factions tab.

Next, add an XMarkerHeading somewhere in your home where you want the bard to play. The xmarkerheading should be referenced to your bard. It should also have the keyword "BardPlaySpot" attached to it.

Hope this helps!

First make sure your home is flagged as an Inn. In creation kit go to WorldData/Location/ find your home, right click edit it, and under Keywords in that window add "LocTypeInn"

Also, make sure your bard has "JobBardFaction" and BardSingerFaction" under their factions tab.

Next, add an XMarkerHeading somewhere in your home where you want the bard to play. The xmarkerheading should be referenced to your bard. It should also have the keyword "BardPlaySpot" attached to it.

Hope this helps!

I have already tried all these and still get the "what choo looking at?" stare from the bard, no music.

This might sound really dumb but it might help you out.

Did you check to make sure the voice of the npc was one that could sing? Some voice choices does not work for the bardsingerfaction because no singing from the voice actor was recorded.

Voices like the young eager male, like sven and mikael's, works.

Voices like the Haughty Elf, does not.

• 8 months later...

<p>Yeah I can't even get the menu to pop up, it did for a while now its gone, but the bards never sang. There are virtually NO, NOT ONE SINGLE tutorials on how to fix your player house to actually be an inn that allows a bard to play in. I've watched them all, linked the ref, changed the voices, done basically all the stuff the guy said above there in his instructions and nada.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Figured it all out.. there is so many things you have to do.. I can't even type it all. Gayness. You cant be owner of the "encounter zone" or they won't sing on their own anymore.THey will still take requests though. The main thing is getting your cell to populate all the data in the location ref. If you cant see your stuff in the location ref, you havent done everything.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>See my mod on nexus, volkihar castle redux by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR. See how I made my owne locatoin, encounter zone and linked to an exterior map marker. See how the cell is public. Start there and you'll figure it out.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Your location has to be tagged in keywords with "LocTypeInn". Has to be public. And can't be owned.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Oh and the xmarker heading needs to be linkref to your markerheading like so, double click your bard in render window > go to the linkref tab > right click in the field > choose the xmarker heading and make a keyword "bardplayspot".</p>

Edited by Hannibalektr