• Please log in to reply
3445 replies to this topic

T3nd0

T3nd0

I'll eat you. Maybe.

• Premium Member
  • 3,845 posts
@ Nowhereville:

Forgot to comment on 3rd Era attributes. Was already pointed at that mod 2-3 times, and wouldn't mind adding that or something similar to SkyRe, BUT only once it can be implemented properly (make the level up screen not spawn the health/magicka/stamina selection, and make the mod not bug out if you level up multiple times).
Also, couldn't find any sources on the mod page.

@ Dingenskirchen:

The game you think of is "Thief", probably. ;)

That mod looks cool. Now all I need are fire and water arrows. ;) Might implement it at some point.

Starlight14

Starlight14

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I've noticed there's a particular lack of generic enchanted cloth gloves and boots in the game. For helmets, we have hoods and circlets, and for robes we have the (spell class) robes of (spell type), among other things. There are a few sets of cloth armor associated with the Dark Brotherhood quests and a single set of shock resistant shoes in Winterhold, but other than that, nothing. If you want enchanted gloves and boots, you pretty much have to enchant them yourself.

Would it be feasible to add a possibility of finding generic enchanted cloth shoes and cloth gloves in Skyrim? Take the generic enchantments that randomly spawn on light and heavy shoes/gloves and make it so we can randomly find cloth shoes/gloves with those generic enchantments. Eg: Fine Shoes of Lifting.

Unlike armor, which requires multiple tiers because of the increasing armor value, cloth should only require on base item type, which should keep the work down (maybe? I'm not a modder.). If we're choosing from vanilla assets, I'd choose Fine Boots for the shoes and Mystic Tuning Gloves* for gloves.

I don't know the amount of work that would go into this.

*If you choose the tuning gloves, they have a hidden magicka regen bonus that'll need to be removed.

Edited by Starlight14, 01 June 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Nowhereville

Nowhereville

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
@T3ndo It's kinda hidden on the downloads page. Scroll down... it'll be the fourth file listed under the "Optional Files" header.

And off topic but because you gave it a plug... the Thief series were some great games. Eidos Montreal has been supposedly developing a fourth installment for awhile... hopefully it sees the light of day. This is one of the latest internet rumours surrounding its development:

http://www.vg247.com...ailer-complete/

Gavriel

Gavriel

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
It strikes me that while there are a plethora of illusion perks that expand what the mind altering spells can do/affect there don't seem to be any for the utility or damage perks, beyond the basic cost reduction ones. Would it be worth adding perks for would be illusionists who don't want to go the mind control route?

On a related note, are you familiar with the Apocalypse Spell Package and Battlemages Arcane - Tactical Spellcasting mods? They seem to add some interesting spells and might be worth adding a compatibility mod like the ones you have for various weapon and armor packs.

T3nd0

T3nd0

I'll eat you. Maybe.

• Premium Member
  • 3,845 posts
@ Starlight:

Adding a few enchanted clothing pieces should be possible without uber amounts of work, so I## probably do it (though Skyrim's affix system IS pretty bad and annoying...).

@ Nowhereville:

Thanks, found it!

Didn't see a new Thief coming... that's quite a surprise. ^^

@ Gavriel:

Before I add perks for non-mind-control illusionists, I need spells for them. ;) That's why the next update should contain quite a few. Make sure to post any idea you have.

I'll do more comp patches (I know apocalypse, the other one is new to me) once I'm satisfied with my own spells.

Thorlll

Thorlll

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hello,

would you be able to give the Npcs a better sneak detection at the moment its just way to easy to stay undetected even when you basically stand in front of them.

T3nd0

T3nd0

I'll eat you. Maybe.

• Premium Member
  • 3,845 posts
@ Thorill:

Have you tried to do that in SkyRe? Sneaking got some considerable treatment. if it's still too easy, I can tweak it more, but from what I've heard, it's pretty fair, unless you reach very high skill levels (130+).

Dingenskirchen

Dingenskirchen

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Even on high level sneak skill they recognize you very easy. You can't stand anymore in a lighten place in front of someone and he won't see you.
It's pretty cool this way.
That's why i want this water arrows to get rid of lightsources ^^

And yes, Thief it was ... i'm just getting old i guess ..

zoster2

zoster2

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi T3ndo! I think there's something really awesome that you already not included in your mod, and for that are really few mods around: staff crafting.
Even though the most of people play the game fine without it (as i never seen someone complaining about staves not being craftable in vanilla) , for me thet would be a wonderful addition for crafting masters that now could add some magic to their combat.

(the only mod so far i found in nexus is that

http://skyrim.nexusm...file.php?id=956

but i didn't try it so i don't now how it does).

The staves could be added to the crafting menu after unlocking Arcane Blacksmith, and the recipe could be: The related spellbook, a soul gem (bigger as the lever of the spell increase) , and something to match the image - like firewood, iron, or gold. For the occasion, the Medium perk should be moved somewhere else, maybe closer to the bottom of the tree, where it can be reached more easily. Just my 2 cents!

Thorlll

Thorlll

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
no i have sneaking without any perks on 30 and was standing right in front of them, it was in the camp standing water ( thats the best way i can translate it in german it would be lager stehender fluss in wei├člauf)

Page loaded in: 1.348 seconds